Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2000 Ducati Monster 750. The original owner died, so I can't ask him. There's a pin on the keychain and I want to know whether it's a Ducati tool of some kind. Photo attached. Thanks for any information.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I'm pretty sure thats for tightening a rack that would have been on the backof the bike?

Just a guess :confused:

I have seen them before, but dont own a bike with a rack.

Mike

·
Registered
4 Posts
Im driving a 2002 M750.

Thats not a standard piece on mine. Check the owners manual but I dont think it is.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks, Mike_1324 ... there is a rack on back of the bike, and I'll see how the pin works with it today. I probably never would have made that connection! Actually, my daughter plans to ride the Monster, and she wants to get ride of the "granny rack."

·
Registered
126 Posts
Thanks, Mike_1324 ... there is a rack on back of the bike, and I'll see how the pin works with it today. I probably never would have made that connection! Actually, my daughter plans to ride the Monster, and she wants to get ride of the "granny rack."
Got a picture of it, I might be interested...

·
Registered
126 Posts
Hmmm, care to measure how wide it is and where it attaches at? My exhaust is high mounted an I need to see if that will work or not.

Also, how far back it goes from the tail lamp would be good also, as I have a chopped tail.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts