Discussion Starter #1
My tyre guy said this is his choice for my hypo rear.after corsa lll's

so any thoughts on this looking at the rear only at this stage

read plenty of reviews on them but none on our hypo's

Thanks Shanetbird

·
Registered
588 Posts
I have been running them for about 3000 miles on my Hyper and have no complaints.

This is the first rear tire that has not been smoked by 2500 miles - maybe 1000 left in it. Front looks new.

They heat up fast and grip is good even in the wet.

They are a little expensive but worth it I think. By the way, I also have them on my BMWs so I guess I like them.

·
Registered
123 Posts

Thanks Shanetbird
Are you planning on running the 2ct's only on the rear or am i misunderstanding your post? I am running Road 2CT's and LOVE them. Warm-up quickly, grip like the dickens - wet or dry! Go for it!

·
Premium Member
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
nar still got about 1500ks in the front but will change the same pending review here
shanetbird

·
Registered
46 Posts
I've got Road 2ct on the rear and power 2ct on the front and love them. Got 2400 miles out of my rear pirelli and have over 3000mi on the road 2ct with probably 3000 left in it. Grip is excellent. More confidence inspiring for me than the oem pirellis

·
Registered
346 Posts
I'm running the Pilot Power 2CT as well, and prefer them to the original Corsa IIIs.
Initial turn-in is better, and when you do manage to break the rear loose it
feels more controlled than the Corsa III. A longer wearing tire than the Pirelli,
too. I would buy them again.

·
Registered
255 Posts
I put them on and am liking them. They turn in a bit quicker and have decent cold grip. Hot grip is excellent. Very confidence inspiring. I got 1500 miles out of the Corsas and they were toast. 1000 miles in to the Power2CT's I sill have lots left.

·
Premium Member
13 Posts
I am running the PP CT2's on the front and rear after having them on my 1098 for track use. The tires are great on the street however because they have a silicone base, they will get greasy at high temps (So Cal 95 degree days). They'll stick well to a point but then give out without warning. This would really only apply to track use or hard cornering on a very hot day.
My new 1098 track tire is the Dunlop N-Tec 211's, very sticky but will slide with a warning to allow you to correct. I'll take the warning anyday!!

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
I have posted lots of good stuff about them. I only get about 2500 miles to the rear and 5000 miles on the front (front could go more). I have run both 32F/36R everyday and 31F/34R in the twisties and they feel great.

I always get them on sale and they don't cost any more than other performance tires around these parts.

I am waiting on a set of Dunlop Sportmax Q2s this time around just to try something new. If they don't work, then it will be back to the 2CTs as I have no complaints at all.

Out!

·
Premium Member
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Great thanks for the feedback to all

l'd say Townsville would be a "carlyfornyar" type climate

gunner fit the rear next week.

Just in interest of the cost difference here in North Queensland they will be about $345 .00 US

ride safe all
shanetbird

·
Registered
51 Posts

Just in interest of the cost difference here in North Queensland they will be about $345 .00 US

ride safe all
shanetbird
http://www.cyclesector.com/product_p/michelin-pp2ct-set-120-fslash-180.htm
This is what I pay for a set. Almost the best price I have found. I did have a better connection. I would pay that and they would mount and balance but that was at a different shop that went tits up.

·
Registered
441 Posts
I've got Road 2ct on the rear and power 2ct on the front and love them. Got 2400 miles out of my rear pirelli and have over 3000mi on the road 2ct with probably 3000 left in it. Grip is excellent. More confidence inspiring for me than the oem pirellis
I have the same combo, 5600 km so far and the rear has plently left:eek:

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
That's a pretty good price, I pay around $260 OTD at Cycle Gear during their sales and including some discount coupons I get. I then get them mounted and balance for around $15 per hoop.

Out!

·
Registered
225 Posts
If you had it to do over would you go with a regular pilot power on the front or another power 2ct? I think I am going for the ROAD 2ct on the rear and can not decide between a straight power for the front or the power 2ct? Which combo would you suggest? My bike gets commute miles during the week and harder twisty stuff on the weekend. It does get pretty hot here in Mississippi. A rare track day could be in the mix just for fun. I have been pleased with the corsa 3s but the miles sux(22-2400rear) 2 rear to each front. Ready for a set now.

·
Registered
441 Posts
If you had it to do over would you go with a regular pilot power on the front or another power 2ct? I think I am going for the ROAD 2ct on the rear and can not decide between a straight power for the front or the power 2ct? Which combo would you suggest? My bike gets commute miles during the week and harder twisty stuff on the weekend. It does get pretty hot here in Mississippi. A rare track day could be in the mix just for fun. I have been pleased with the corsa 3s but the miles sux(22-2400rear) 2 rear to each front. Ready for a set now.
I decided on the normal power on the front as these bikes like to chew out front tires.
This is what I have and are happy, The road 2c is a good choice for the rear.

·
Premium Member
811 Posts
Just finished the mount,balance,install.All I can tell you so far is I like the way they look.:p 0 miles. Can't wait for a good ride!
Now those are chicken strips!!!:D
Oh yeah, $259 for the pair at sportbiketrackgear .

Attachments

·
Registered
149 Posts

Thanks Shanetbird
The 2CT are super for cold and/or rainy days and street riding.

On the (dry) track, when they get hot, they are useless. They Corsa III wil do fine on the track.

·
Premium Member
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Pilot Power 2CT your thoughts

come on the netherlands dont get hot!

its all snow isn't it ?:)
u know skiing and white stuff ???

bet you guys cannot get an a sunburned arse very day you sit on it

whats the hotest your get there ?

all good feedback great
Shane
Tropical North Queensland 34o today

·
Ducati Acolyte
819 Posts

ride safe all
shanetbird
Hi Shane,

I'm an ex-Townsville lad myself.The only time I've had a good ride was to travel up past Ingham onto Cairns and the Tablelands or running the dragstrip. Otherwise riding wise, Townsville was freakin' boring for any twisties, that and unsympathetic coppers :lol

·
Registered
149 Posts
come on the netherlands dont get hot!

its all snow isn't it ?:)
u know skiing and white stuff ???

bet you guys cannot get an a sunburned arse very day you sit on it

whats the hotest your get there ?

all good feedback great
Shane
Tropical North Queensland 34o today
Lot's of rain, rain, rain is normal over here. No snow, just incidentally when the weather mistakes.

Climate here is really modest, but in summer up to 30+ Celcius.

But I had the problems with the 2CT on a track in France, Ales, at about 35 Celcius. Sliding, smearing, whatever you want to name it. My fault, I should have mounted track tires.

In the rain, the 2CT are supurb.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts