Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
121 - 140 of 153 Posts

·
Hammer Down
2020 Multistrada 1260 S Touring
1,962 Posts
I just started buying accessories for my '22 PP.

Purchased:
Heated grips
Heated seats
Fog lights
Engine guard
LED rear turn signals
Carbon rear mudguard

On the list:
Top case (plastic)
Saddlebags (plastic)
Akra full exhaust
Center stand
TPS
Tank pocket bag
Tell me you’re rich without saying you’re rich.🤣🤣🤣

In all seriousness, what is TPS?

·
Registered
2016 Multistrada PP
253 Posts
I just started buying accessories for my '22 PP.

Purchased:
Heated grips
Heated seats
Fog lights
Engine guard
LED rear turn signals
Carbon rear mudguard

On the list:
Top case (plastic)
Saddlebags (plastic)
Akra full exhaust
Center stand
TPS
Tank pocket bag
👍🏻 But please don’t ruin it with engine guards!!!!

·
Registered
76 Posts
I was at the Ducati dealership today. They received a letter from HQ that says no more PP for 2022. I am getting the only one at this dealership and they sell a lot of duc's. Those confirmed will be getting a bike and those pending will probably push to 2023. Check with your sales rep on status of your bike to make sure you still can get one in 2022 if you placed an order. I placed my order on launch date.

·
Bon Vivant
12,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #127 ·
I was at the Ducati dealership today. They received a letter from HQ that says no more PP for 2022. I am getting the only one at this dealership and they sell a lot of duc's. Those confirmed will be getting a bike and those pending will probably push to 2023. Check with your sales rep on status of your bike to make sure you still can get one in 2022 if you placed an order. I placed my order on launch date.
They got a "letter" ? :ROFLMAO:
Sure they did -

·
Registered
553 Posts
Who is your dealer and where are they located? This sounds suspiciously like a "can we interest you in a V4S instead, sir" tactic. I'd ask another dealer. If they're only getting one, they don't sell a lot of Ducs IMHO - my local dealer is getting more than 2 and both my friend and I are on the list for 2022 PPs.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Who is your dealer and where are they located? This sounds suspiciously like a "can we interest you in a V4S instead, sir" tactic. I'd ask another dealer. If they're only getting one, they don't sell a lot of Ducs IMHO - my local dealer is getting more than 2 and both my friend and I are on the list for 2022 PPs.
My dealer does not operate like that. Been buying bikes from them for more than 20 yrs. Ask your sales guy to check and see if your order status shows confirmed or pending. I am sure the dealer would be more than happy to take the deposit but Ducati is no longer accepting orders. You will see.

·
Registered
255 Posts
I don't believe that is true in any way.

I'm a typical sized (aka slightly overweight) north american (230lbs @ 6ft) and the skyhook on my DVT 1200S copes with my weight just fine. It likely has a bit heavier spring due to the fact it is designed for (occasional) 2-up touring. I recall no mention of an "ideal" rider weight in the manual.

My 2017 S1000R, on the other hand, was severely undersprung for my weight and short of sending to Germany (Wilburs, I think) there was no way to fix it. The manual suggested a rider weight of 75kg (165lbs), while I am closer to 105kg.
I imagine the bike has heavy springs installed if it has settings for two up with luggage. I have access to tuning professionals like Dave Moss and Ohlins distribution a couple hours away. Dave Moss has tuned all my bikes and is probably the only one I know of that has found the flaws with the electric suspensions and can properly tune them for track or street.

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
I don't believe that is true in any way.

I'm a typical sized (aka slightly overweight) north american (230lbs @ 6ft) and the skyhook on my DVT 1200S copes with my weight just fine. It likely has a bit heavier spring due to the fact it is designed for (occasional) 2-up touring. I recall no mention of an "ideal" rider weight in the manual.

My 2017 S1000R, on the other hand, was severely undersprung for my weight and short of sending to Germany (Wilburs, I think) there was no way to fix it. The manual suggested a rider weight of 75kg (165lbs), while I am closer to 105kg.
Yeah, i'm 80kg ready to ride and my 1200S skyhook works very well for me as well....
super happy with it actually.

I know a guy that tracks his BMW S1000RR with active suspension and he is roughly your size.... he got so frustrated with BMW and their lack of any way of adjusting it that he pulled it out and replaced it completely. He is not pleased and neither would i be.

·
Bon Vivant
12,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #136 ·
Yeah, i'm 80kg ready to ride and my 1200S skyhook works very well for me as well....
super happy with it actually.

I know a guy that tracks his BMW S1000RR with active suspension and he is roughly your size.... he got so frustrated with BMW and their lack of any way of adjusting it that he pulled it out and replaced it completely. He is not pleased and neither would i be.
I had an S1000R with active suspension and it was useless. not only did it fail to do any kind of adjusting but it was impossible to adjust manually and it completely sucked. I know several on the BMW forums who pulled it off the bike and replaced it with decent manual suspension...

I think the ohlins system is a bit better than that crap.

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
I had an S1000R with active suspension and it was useless. not only did it fail to do any kind of adjusting but it was impossible to adjust manually and it completely sucked. I know several on the BMW forums who pulled it off the bike and replaced it with decent manual suspension...

Do you know what brand it is on the BMW?
I don't want to derail the thread too much.... But the Sachs on the DVT, at least on my bike, is brilliant and by most accounts it is for others and reliable too, yet their manual factory installed stuff is usually all over the place....

·
Registered
553 Posts

IMHO based on personal and very subjective ownership experience, Ducati takes the cake with active electronic suspension - The Skyhook has been amazing for years. The Ohlins with the SCU has been good - I'm waiting to see how the PP rides with this new Ohlins stuff.

IMHO the order of excellence for active suspension is:
Ducati
then KTM
then BMW

Based on my own bike ownership experience + hearing from others. Haven't tried any other bike manufacturers' out but I'd think by now forums would be alight with "[X] has the best active/dynamic electronic suspension in the business" and so far that's always been Ducati.

·
Registered
796 Posts
As I think I mentioned earlier, I had a 2017 BMW S100R with ESA and now have a 2016 Multi S Touring w/ skyhook and the Ducati system is by far superior, IMO.

121 - 140 of 153 Posts