Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The wife and I usually take the Roadstar on a vacation. But thinking about putting the GT1000 in the back of the truck around 27 june and heading out to the peak area and there about's. Thinking might have both worlds this way. It would be a blast with a few guys going out to tare it up..........LOL. Maybe next time..............Also if any of you guys want to go down to deals gap for a few days. We could maybe get some rooms at the gap gas station ( The cross roads) it has a restaurant, rooms, fuel etc. The FZ1 guys are there right now. That was a good ride with them in the fall of 07.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Looks like this ride is turning into a smokey mountain ride

The wife is looking into a time share use from are friends some where by gatlinburg....................Guess I will be riding deals gap this year after all again. Probably leave around 27th.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just found out the time share thing is full..................We waited to long to make it happen.................Guess I should have stayed with the peak deal.............. The wife and I usually just load the roadstar and take off.........but this time it is close to the 4th....................It is biting us in the butt.............Are next vacation is in september...............Guess you can't fix stupid.............................Probably ride to my sister's place in tennessee our just hang out here ride some play with the dogs in the pool etc. Taking a week a year and just staying home seems to really work for me anymore........don't have to be anywhere just goof off........For sure the cooler sept weather...........you can bet I'll be some where on the bike.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Jeff, I am flying down to Miami beach on the 25 for 10 days. If you want somewhere to go, why dont you load my bike and yours and meet me down there. Its a family vacation so I'm going to be bored. LOL I can get you a convention rate at The Miami Beach Resort and Spa for $125 a night

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sounds pretty good.

All I have got is a short bed 07 chevy pickup and a jeep liberty. I do have a 16 foot trailer but it is in kind of rough condition needs tires etc. Em I'll get back with ya. Do you think they have any rooms left................Everything is pretty full where I have checked. The wife has a brother in Jacksonville. A inclosed trailer would be the ticket for two Ducati's................With your bike all colored up.....................it would draw alot of attention..........LOL.

·
Registered
307 Posts
I just called the hotel. The rooms had to be booked by the 29th of may. reg rate is 170 from the 27 to 7/2 then it jumps to 210 and on the 3rd and 4th 230. Sorry man I was wrong. They do have rooms though. the # is 305-532-3600

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank's anyway Rob.

This whole deal has been day late dollar short the whole way. Like I said normally we just load and go. But being close to a holiday. I got to calling around and found out I srewed up this time for sure.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
And it is like 1200 plus miles down there.

I told her I'll do what she wants to.......................Wish we would have woke up sooner................thanks anyway. You riding this weekend.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well the pikes peak ride is on

Leaving on the Roadstar probably in the morning. The duc is in the shop waiting on a tps. Going to estes park also see you when the wife and I get back.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ha

Got the GT back from Halls this evening. Left it in the back of the truck and switched out of Roadstar to truck. The new rack was in also. Looks like after two days getting Roadstar ready the old Duc came through after all. Man I am beat. Leaving early in the morning.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
I'm back

And got pictures................Just got to figure out how to post them. Went up Pikes peak sunday morning. The other two times in 97 and 2000 it was 35 degrees and raining. Last sunday it was 36 at the top and sunny and clear. About little over 3/4 ways down I pulled over to for the last pictures and when we got back on I noticed shift lever was a good 1-2 inchs down farther. Bike would not go into gear so the wife and I coasted down to the bottom and then called a Taxi to go get my pickup about 30 miles away. Took to dealer yesturday and was told there is new designed upgrade parts to fix this my shift stop was bent inside the tranny. I asked them why they just did not put the upgraded parts in my 07 before I bought it in may. They said in order to put the upgraded parts in they needed to take apart and look at first. Geez my trip would have been a little better............. Went to 7 falls, royal gorge,Rocky mountians,Estes park also. Somebody want to come over and put the pictures up.................I'm to stupid I guess..........................LOL

1 - 20 of 22 Posts