Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey There

Wondering if someone could clarify as the manual doesnt seem to cover this.

Where the manual reccomends, for eg, 14 clicks of rebound and compression, are these clicks to be counted from fully clock wise - hard OR from fully counter clockwise to the soft position?

According to the manual, the forks are at 0 at fully clockwise at their stiffest position and you count clicks from there but it's not clear with the rear shock.

Have just bought the bike and want to set it uo to recommended positions before I start tweaking...

Cheers

·
Registered
863 Posts
Hey There

Wondering if someone could clarify as the manual doesnt seem to cover this.

Where the manual reccomends, for eg, 14 clicks of rebound and compression, are these clicks to be counted from fully clock wise - hard OR from fully counter clockwise to the soft position?

According to the manual, the forks are at 0 at fully clockwise at their stiffest position and you count clicks from there but it's not clear with the rear shock.

Have just bought the bike and want to set it uo to recommended positions before I start tweaking...

Cheers
The more important thing to consider is what each direction does rather than the number...put both in the middle of their range...turning cw will reduce damping...ie restrict motion...slow it down

Look at your tire tread...if the leading edge is wearing down...the rebound is too slow...if your getting launched out of your seat over bumps...your compression is too slow

Both those scenarios will need less damping...faster travel...and ccw turns

To further complicate things I count rebound in terms from all the way out to in....and compression from in to all the way out...it's just quicker for me to count in from out in rebound and out from in on compression

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Here's a great Vid about Ohlins set-up.
nice one, thanks.

I've got it dialled in to what the manual reccomends. Feels good solo, two up its ok except when pushing a bit.... I'll be replacing the rear spring eventually. Overall though, loving this bike so far...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.