Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just speculating here. But, how much do you guys think it would cost to buy every single OEM part from Ducati and have the bike pieced together? Would it be cheaper than spending the 16k going rate on some of these bikes?

Or, is that not even possible? Just wondering, really.

·
Premium Member
295 Posts
I am wild guessing at 30k+ at dealer prices

B

·
Premium Member
1,389 Posts
Just speculating here. But, how much do you guys think it would cost to buy every single OEM part from Ducati and have the bike pieced together? Would it be cheaper than spending the 16k going rate on some of these bikes?

Or, is that not even possible? Just wondering, really.
You would have to find a few salvageable bikes to do it. Even if you did, you wouldn't be able to get what you invested for a bike with a salvage title. The SCs are out there. I've seen quite a few S1ks and GT1ks on across EBay, Craigslist, Cycle Trader, etc. for low to high prices. Find one with decent mods and low miles and start there. Building your own from scratch would only be cost effective if you had a cheap source from which to pick.

Cheers,

Tmnstr

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Premium Member
1,088 Posts
There's actually a number of them on Ebay right now. $10-12k seems to be the going rate for a S1k, doubt you could piece together a stock one for that. But if you put together from the ground up with a bunch of aftermarket parts that you would have put on the bike after buying, that might end up overall less money

·
Registered
361 Posts
Not possible. You'll find that Ducati won't sell you certain parts like the frame etc.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts