·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Enjoy!!! :yeah:

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
... What an awesome pair of motorcycles to own, like traveling back and forth through time! The old one is in incredible condition!

And now for the big question: are you the original owner of both?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I've had the '75 Sport since 1989. Bought it from my brother when he needed money (sale included '77 Guzzi LeMans I). He was 2nd owner. Bike from Minnesota. It has just over 13K miles. Only non-original parts are Dyna ignition and coils and aftermarket regulator. I just got the new sport 1 week ago. Put in a 100 mile ride and picked up a nail in the rear tire. No tubes to be found locally or at the dealer. On-line they are scarce too. Found at Dennis Kirk. If you have one of these bikes, better stock tubes or you'll be waiting to ride like I am.

·
Premium Member
2,455 Posts
Oldsport, your bikes are awesome. Your photography leaves something to be desired. I am not trying to criticize, it is just that I would love a really good quality picture of your two bikes to use as a windows background. How about a picture of the two of them side by side in a nice setting, without the pickup truck in the background?

Really, someone should do a magazine article on your bikes. Then we would all have the photo as a centerfold.

·
Registered
323 Posts
YellowDuck said:
Oldsport, your bikes are awesome. Your photography leaves something to be desired. I am not trying to criticize, it is just that I would love a really good quality picture of your two bikes to use as a windows background. How about a picture of the two of them side by side in a nice setting, without the pickup truck in the background?

Really, someone should do a magazine article on your bikes. Then we would all have the photo as a centerfold.
i second that motion...you have beautiful bikes. i wouldnt mind that as a desktop either. give cycleworld a call...they might be interested!!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Roweeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

yeah, i agree with all above, you may have the sexiest garage on the face of the planet.
unless someone out there has an original 750ss greenframe, a ps1000, another 74 or 75 750 sport, and a sport 1000.
i think i would pass out.
really.
and i know i would if they had a period mv agusta thrown in for good measure...

oh - and my dealership always has tubes for these bikes in stock!
we made sure we had them before the bikes even got here! and tires, too.....
(i work at motocorsa in portland, or, not that it's convenient to florida, though.)

kat

·
Registered
31 Posts
trid741 said:
Here's my 72 750 Sport that I use for vintage racing in the West. Bought it used in 78 and it will be buried with me!
Rgds
Richard
did you just do the vintage day at laguna last month?
some of my friends from up here in portland went down there to attend and ride their cb160's around laguna, and i thought i saw a bike just like that in their pics... (i can't imagine there being that many of those in the bay area)

and HUGE thumbs up for racing it! that's awesome!!
i would love to see that bike ripping around the track....

kat

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
oldsport said:
I've had the '75 Sport since 1989. Bought it from my brother when he needed money (sale included '77 Guzzi LeMans I). He was 2nd owner. Bike from Minnesota. It has just over 13K miles. Only non-original parts are Dyna ignition and coils and aftermarket regulator. I just got the new sport 1 week ago. Put in a 100 mile ride and picked up a nail in the rear tire. No tubes to be found locally or at the dealer. On-line they are scarce too. Found at Dennis Kirk. If you have one of these bikes, better stock tubes or you'll be waiting to ride like I am.
How strange - Only 2 weeks ago, I helped out a rider who had just purchased a brand new Paul Smart and picked-up a nail... we were able to get the tube from a shop less than 1 mile away! I guess that is a mix of bad and good luck right there.

·
Registered
197 Posts
SCHWWEEET! love those classic and vintage ducs :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts