Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

I just joined the forum, and thought I could ask some advice, and take the opportunity to share some pictures we all enjoy.

It is a Ducati 900 Superlight, from 1996. I bought in Holland two years ago. Unseen (!!!) from a dealer. He sent me many pictures and I was brave and took the risk. It had 17.000km on it, and has been working perfectly since. I love it.

Attached you will find some pictures. Here in the South of Spain, we get very mild winters, so you can ride it all year. I was out yesterday, 2h, with temperatures of 19C...

You can also find a closeup picture of the frame. Are these signs of Rust? The bike is 20 years old, so I guess it is expected. Any suggestions on what to do?

Anyway, Happy New Year!!
R

Attachments

·
Registered
374 Posts
Welcome marbella, beautiful bike, congratulations on finding one in good condition.

To me the frame looks like some normal rock chips and possibly a little surface rust. I would clean the spots up good and put on some touch-up paint to keep it from going any further. It really does not look bad at all in the picture. If it really is some surface rust you can apply some Naval Jelly (no not that kind :D This kind Remove Rust from Metal with Naval Jelly® Rust Treatment from Loctite Adhesives) just to make sure that it is treated, clean it off VERY good and then some touch-up paint.

Again that is a very beautiful bike and I hope you enjoy it for years to come. Keep it serviced properly and it should give you years of enjoyment.

Happy New Year.

Marc

·
Registered
2,707 Posts
Try a metal polish like Nevr Dull first on those spots, before trying the naval jelly - that stuff use sparingly because it will strip paint if left on too long. Great looking bike.

nevrdull.com

·
Registered
143 Posts
Looks like some surface rust, could have been caused by battery acid spillage. Clean the affected area with some 400 grit sandpaper, clean thoroughly and get some matching touch-up paint from your local auto paint center. If done properly, you wont even notice it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts