Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After it being brought to my attention that my camera had less megapixels than most mobile phones,:eek:
I bit the bullet & purchased a new one.
New one has a zoom!!! & more megapixels,GOOD!
Can't seem to attatch any photos to this forum BAD!
Any advice to a camera luddite.
Thank's
Grey Duck

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
After it being brought to my attention that my camera had less megapixels than most mobile phones,:eek:
I bit the bullet & purchased a new one.
New one has a zoom!!! & more megapixels,GOOD!
Can't seem to attatch any photos to this forum BAD!
Any advice to a camera luddite.
Thank's
Grey Duck
I send all my 'internet' pictures and email them through outlook and it will ask you to make them smaller, then I save the smaller pictures in a internet picture file and attach out of there. May be the long way to do things, but it works.

·
Premium Member
0 Posts
If I want to post a very large image, I'll open it in MS Paint, then just use Stretch/Skew to reduce the height and width by 50%, and if it's still too large, go another 50% until the whole image fits in the frame. Then, save it as a .jpeg image and you should be able to post it, no problem.

Or, you can do what some people do, post an image that's like, 2000 pixels wide, so you have to constantly scroll back and forth, back and forth, down the entire page, just to read the thread...

No, don't do that. :eek:

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
You could always use a free photohosting service such as photobucket or shutterbug and link the (larger) images and videos that way.

You'd just post the image location and post the address in with the
tags. That way you could post a much larger image that this site can handle.

It's surprisingly simple :)

Such as :

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
+1 on photobucket.. very easy to use and control the import/export sizing..

·
Premium Member
391 Posts
I too cannot post photos to this site. I've asked, but haven't gotten much help. I was wondering if anyone else had the same problems as me. I go to attach with the right size and format (I checked it several times and tried all sizes and formats) and I get the "failed to attach photo" message every time. Is that your problem? If so and it gets fixed, please let me know what to do. Thanks.

·
Registered
602 Posts

·
Banned
2,952 Posts
I too cannot post photos to this site. I've asked, but haven't gotten much help. I was wondering if anyone else had the same problems as me. I go to attach with the right size and format (I checked it several times and tried all sizes and formats) and I get the "failed to attach photo" message every time. Is that your problem? If so and it gets fixed, please let me know what to do. Thanks.

i suggest to use www.imageshack.us
to upload your pictures here.
search your harddisc for the right one,
upload it with imageshack, and have the
then appearing "hotlink for forum" copied
and pasted in your answer here, and the
pic will appear then.
you can always check with the preview
function of this board, if things worked out
the way you wanted.

there is a rezise function within the image
shack side also.

cheers.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
I use flickr to load these days, use the insert image function as previously described - too easy.

·
Premium Member
2,314 Posts
I use flickr to load these days, use the insert image function as previously described - too easy.[/IMG]
+1 for Flickr. That is what I've started using and it is fantastic!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts