Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

8581 - 8600 of 8747 Posts

·
Registered
7,249 Posts
Replying to the Harley video and share repurchases. These are not necessarily good or bad. However if shares are bought it means you don’t have better use for your cash...maybe some R&D lol. It’s only smart if they are undervalued...oops. Provides short term boost for people who already have shares and they should maybe sell now... Doesn’t leave cash around for a crisis....arrgh. Doesn’t increase the actual value of the company.
I think buddy actually nailed it in the video.

·
Premium Member
1,791 Posts
Replying to the Harley video and share repurchases. These are not necessarily good or bad. However if shares are bought it means you don’t have better use for your cash...maybe some R&D lol.
Or maybe your carrying too much cash? Sometimes buying your own stock is a sign of confidence. On the flip side, issuing shares could also be interpreted as being in a cash deficit. That might be a bad thing (can't make payroll) or good thing (fund R&D or expansion).

I don't think this is the case w/ HD, but the vid suggests its generally bad which isn't necessarily true.

·
Registered
805 Posts
if the engine showed up in a frame, sure, agreed. Restore it. If it was found in a barn, no frame etc, Shinya's work would be its highest and best use. Dude's a wizard.

Its less about bleeding edge, more about heart and soul.

·
Registered
805 Posts
Whatever hundreds of thou Ducati paid to the "branding"/pr agency to develop "Scrambler" - a rip off of Ducati's own 60s bikes, they should have paid to Shimura. His singular vision on the 999 - half steam-punk, half forged from liquid chrome:

hopefully the prongs aimed at his chest aren't actually metal.. :] ducati superbike

·
Bon Vivant
10,749 Posts
Shimura is famous for taking expensive rare bikes and shitting on them with disrespect, turning them into his own brand of ratbike. I have been a restorer for most of my life and have a love and respect of the history of the worlds masterpieces. From my vantage point what Shimura does is nothing more than a rich kid's disrespectful cry for attention. Oh, in case you're wondering, I see his talent and art, but I'd rather see him make sculptures

·
Registered
805 Posts
Shimura is famous for taking expensive rare bikes and shitting on them with disrespect, turning them into his own brand of ratbike. I have been a restorer for most of my life and have a love and respect of the history of the worlds masterpieces. From my vantage point what Shimura does is nothing more than a rich kid's disrespectful cry for attention. Oh, in case you're wondering, I see his talent and art, but I'd rather see him make sculptures
OK. you're entitled to your subjective opinion, of course. As we all are. In the interest of dialog, its best to state it as such. Mine: he's an artist with quite a craftsman's skillset, at least at the level of OEM Ducati designers for the last few decades - and I'm not dissing their work either in saying that.

Artistic vision is individualistic by definition. You can choose to like or dislike his work, no problem. But do you have actual proof he's destroyed said rare bikes vs re-used/repurposed parts such as found engines. He didn't likely chop up an Excelsior frame. That's his work, I'd say. Maybe you know for fact this is not the case? Do tell, as that would suck. But Shimura taking garden variety bikes such as a 999 or run-of-mill Harley and remaking it as an individual artistic expression is his, and the bike owner's, prerogative in a free society.

pic FWIW:
View attachment 985922

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
OoohKay. :ROFLMAO:

Went for a ride today. Took off my boots when I got home and found this nasty on the floor.
Snapped the pic then buried it at sea. Yay for heavy duty leather.

100_3586.JPG

8581 - 8600 of 8747 Posts