Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

8121 - 8140 of 8177 Posts

·
Average Weird Guy.
1,190 Posts
Holy smokes Mike now what have you done to your Monster!

Recently finished a ground up restoration on this beat up old 2007 Griffen Vulcan B4C that I bought back in December 2018. Usually bike builds are fairly straightforward but this rotten little bastage fought me every inch of the way.

Before.

After.

·
Administrator
12,045 Posts

·
Average Weird Guy.
1,190 Posts
Love the subtle color scheme, here are a couple bike jerseys to match.
Thanks Rock.

Cool jerseys. I actually have that multicolored Black jersey but in a short sleeved version. I own over 500 cycling jerseys and the two that you posted above are fairly tame by comparison to some of the jerseys that I have.

When it comes to bicycles and cycling gear I prefer loud,rude,and obnoxious. And there's a very good reason for that Rock. Road cycling is probably one of the most dangerous recreational activities there is.

Think about it,you're riding a state of the art ultra light weight machine at break-neck speeds with a contact patch on the road about the size of a dime all the while wearing nothing more than a pair of pajamas,sunglasses,and a styrofoam cup on your head for protection. At that point all you have to alert lethargic inattentive drivers to your presence in the roadway are the colors that you're wearing.

Four years ago I was out riding my Black Specialized Venge Pro wearing mostly dark Blue riding gear when an idiot in a Silver SUV decided to make a left turn in front of me. By the time he finally spotted me hurtling along at him it was too late and he stopped his vehicle directly in my path. I grabbed two big handful's of brakes and the bike tail whipped violently. I did a Superman right over the bars and landed hard on my left shoulder. I ended up with a grade 3 AC separation of my left shoulder.
You think the guy would've stopped to say he was sorry or at least ask if I was hurt. Nope. He just drove off as though nothing had happened. Luckily the next car that came along stopped and gave me a lift to the hospital. My left shoulder is no longer attached to my left clavicle bone and that clavicle bone now sticks up on my left side. I've had nothing but chronic neck and back pain ever since.

I learned my lesson and I learned it well that night Rock. I wasn't doing enough to differentiate myself from the background colors around me. That's why I use brightly colored gear because if a flash of bright color from my gear catches the eye of an inattentive driver and saves my life then my gear has done it's job. The louder,ruder,and more obnoxious the better I say.

Perhaps you need some lights all up in those wheels? To be seen at night or by blind people?
Nah I don't use those wheel mounted lights Rock. I use Bontrager Flare 3 flashing tail lights and either Cateye Nima or Leznye Femto flashing front lights on all my bikes. Late September the sun starts going down pretty early here and there are a group of club riders that I usually pass out in the countryside on my way home that use those wheel mounted lights. They're crazy bright and it looks like a group of spaceships coming at you.

Required pic. My 2003 Yellow Griffen Vulcan B4C.

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
Just teasing, I own 11 bicycles and have done the Tour de Tucson a few times although I'm not what is usually called a "roadie". Probably because I am allergic to Day-Glo, I immediately break out in snark whenever in contact with it.

"...wearing a Styrofoam cup on your head" ! I love that, going to use it!

Me:

·
Señor Member
8,086 Posts

·
Average Weird Guy.
1,190 Posts
^^ not cheap bikes, never heard of them, nice restoration, colours a bit crazy for me but I get the why.
Thanks Ducman.

Had the frame powder coated RAL 2004 Pure Orange and I painted the forks and laid the decals myself then took the frame and fork over to Artistimo to shoot the clear because his shop is right down the road from where I work. You can't really see it in my pics but trust me his clear coat work is flawless.

In 2016 Trek bikes offered that Orange/Lime Green color combination on their Madone Project One bikes,that's where I got the idea for the paint scheme.

8121 - 8140 of 8177 Posts