Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally finished the installs and took a few pics. Exhaust is, of course, the 2-1 Termi with the baffle out (PITA to take out, but awesome), and the clutch combo is a DP pressure plate in silver with ss springs, one-piece billet retainer (black), and two-piece Cycle Cat cover (if you can call it that. :D

As always, opinions are welcome.

Attachments

·
Registered
54 Posts
Sweet! Congrats man, now you can spend your time enjoying the bike instead of researching mods (like I am). Have fun.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
AM1001 said:
Sweet! Congrats man, now you can spend your time enjoying the bike instead of researching mods (like I am). Have fun.
Thanks, AM1001. As for enjoying it, I have been--1200 miles in 4 weeks. It's a blast. But, I enjoy also the discussions. The Duc forums are populated by a cool community of crazies like us.

·
Premium Member
1,974 Posts
Mr Beans,
looks very, very :cool: And the butt-shot that you've posted is outright intimidating ...... the opening of that muffler is HUGE
RonB

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, Ron. The opening is massive, as is the sound. And, I have to say the weight loss is unbelievable. I'd guess the bike lost about 12 lbs from the loss of the huge factory cans.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Very nice.

I've gotta say, I think the 2-1 looks better on the Sport. There's just something not 'right' on the PS with the 2-1 that I can't quite put my finger on.

I haven't heard your pipes yet, but I know I love the sound of the slip-ons! Y'all are making me move up my timeline for a clutch cover to compliment them.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Reducs said:
Very nice.

I've gotta say, I think the 2-1 looks better on the Sport. There's just something not 'right' on the PS with the 2-1 that I can't quite put my finger on.
If anything, though the Smart is fantastic looking, it's probably the lack of contrast. The Sport has enough black on the engine and with the black frame to make the SS and Ti exhaust pop and add to the look. The Smart is silver (an awesome metalic silver) with that cool (both meanings) aqua frame and natural engine color, which makes the look of the 2-1 a bit less dramatic on the bike. I still like the combination on the Smart. But, I think this is why it looks so different with the exhaust.

·
Registered
197 Posts
SWEET! that is one great looking machine, congrats on your sucessful mods. :D

·
Registered
197 Posts
are you planning on checking out any future repro cafe fairings? it would look fantastic on your red sport.

i am hoping to find a suitable black one.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
otterx said:
are you planning on checking out any future repro cafe fairings? it would look fantastic on your red sport.

i am hoping to find a suitable black one.
If someone comes up with one that goes on and off without too much trauma, or if I decided to go SC racing, I'd consider it. But, I really prefer the bike topless, at least for now. In fact, this may be the very first time that I've owned a bike that I think is just right the way it is. And, it only took a few add-ons to get it that way. After owning 7 Ducatis, and lord knows how many other bikes, I'm truly and pleasantly surprised.

·
Registered
171 Posts
MrBeans said:
Finally finished the installs and took a few pics. Exhaust is, of course, the 2-1 Termi with the baffle out (PITA to take out, but awesome), and the clutch combo is a DP pressure plate in silver with ss springs, one-piece billet retainer (black), and two-piece Cycle Cat cover (if you can call it that. :D

As always, opinions are welcome.

:yeah: enjoy man

1 - 12 of 12 Posts