Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
been getting a few requests images for my rear license plate mod.

nothing too radical, but a compromise between the ineffectice evoluzione kit and stock.

i was able to move up the plate and remove several inches off the stock SS armature.

the light bar is a LED set up from a custom parts place: http://www.customdynamics.com/illuminatorz_licence_plates.htm

the license plate frame holder was my cut down, cannibalized evoluzione kit. a cheap small piece of t6 bar stock would do the same thing.

tools & hardware used for this mod:

• power cut off wheel
  • 2 X 4/40 machine screws
  • red loctite
  • allen hex for 4/40 machine screws
  • file & sand paper
  • 4/40 tap
  • rewire of license plate illuminator (re-use connectors from stock)

basically a chop and remount job with the stock plastic fender removed.

Attachments

·
Registered
171 Posts
Cool

looks nice man...thanks for the idea I will show you my version soon...

·
Registered
37 Posts
sweet...but I have got one better.

I recently did away with the fender also and had a local harley guy(yeah I know, harley) do a flush mount LED tail light and fender mod. the LED is now one piece of the fender and under the clear coat. I also had him make a two into one under seat 55mm exhaust in polished stainless. anyhow, bike looks great, I will post Pics of mine in a bit. :alien:

·
Registered
173 Posts
This I've got to see. Please don't delay in posting the pics.

·
Registered
37 Posts
one week until mod pics.

did anyone else think that the decals on the bike looked a little cheap? the actual look and design was fitting but the high class sticker seemed a little cheesy. anyhow in about one week I will post the pics of the new mods, but the reason that I mentioned the decal was because I decided to buy new decals and use them as a template and painted a white base coat then layed the decal down and painted black over it. so now there are no decals only permanant paint. opinions welcomed.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
let's see some pics when you get a chance! :)

DUCATIDICK said:
did anyone else think that the decals on the bike looked a little cheap? the actual look and design was fitting but the high class sticker seemed a little cheesy. anyhow in about one week I will post the pics of the new mods, but the reason that I mentioned the decal was because I decided to buy new decals and use them as a template and painted a white base coat then layed the decal down and painted black over it. so now there are no decals only permanant paint. opinions welcomed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts