Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
No surrender
53 Posts
Nice pics !!!!

·
Mayor of Simpleton
4,887 Posts
Looks great.

·
Registered
44 Posts
amazing!!! usually dont like yellow to much but damn does that work. what front end are you running?

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks guys. It's a 1098s front end. Pretty straight forward swap. Just make sure you have all your parts before you do it.

I always say yellow needs more representation since it's not as loved as red. It's really just how you put it all together.

·
Registered
138 Posts
She is a beauty, although I'm partial to red on Duc I'm partial to yellow on anything else and I think Duc's look great in yellow as well. My 998 started out as a yellow (but previous owner changed her over to red). The front end does look nice...

·
Registered
69 Posts
Can you re-use the stock front wheel and brake rotors w/ the 1098S front end setup?

Bike looks great!

·
Super Senior Poster
6,328 Posts
Every time I see a yellow Duc I want to get my red 03' 999 repainted in yellow.
The 1098 front end looks right at home on the 998. How do you like the mono block calipers? I found them touchy at first on the 1098 that I rode for a short spin. I never got used to them....very, very powerful!
You have a exceptionally nice 998, looks complete w/ full Ohlins suspension:)

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Can you re-use the stock front wheel and brake rotors w/ the 1098S front end setup?
Yes and no. You certainly can reuse the front wheel as I have. You can not use the stock rotors or the 1098s rotors. You will need to get 15mm offset rotors which came stock with a 748R or a 998R. There are aftermarket companies that make rotor replacements for the 748R or 998R as well which are 15mm offset.

Every time I see a yellow Duc I want to get my red 03' 999 repainted in yellow.
The 1098 front end looks right at home on the 998. How do you like the mono block calipers? I found them touchy at first on the 1098 that I rode for a short spin. I never got used to them....very, very powerful!
You have a exceptionally nice 998, looks complete w/ full Ohlins suspension:)
Thanks ZDM. Yellow is a nice change in an ocean of red sometimes. For the monoblocks, It wasn't hard to get use to. After bedding in the HH pads I got, they felt amazing. Just don't give it a hand full of squeeze and you're good lol. Gradual is key. :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts