Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Looks like it's going to fall down at any moment when it's on the kickstand. I like the new rims, since the original golden ones are quite horrible imo. Nice bike anyway.

·
Registered
2016 1299 Pani, 2009 SF1100, 2012 MTS1100evo, 2006 999,
132 Posts
Very tastefully restored. Well done dime, that is one beautiful 916...

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Very tastefully done...until I saw that huge tank protector. Why in the world would you need something that large for that function? I had none on my 748R and never put a scratch in the tank.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Very tastefully done...until I saw that huge tank protector. Why in the world would you need something that large for that function? I had none on my 748R and never put a scratch in the tank.
CF whoring, it's easy to succumb to. If you wear jeans that have a rivet below the fly, it will scratch the shit out of your tank, happened to me quite a bit on my beater.

·
Super Moderator
8,248 Posts
Looks very nice. Put a shine on the exhaust and it´ll be truelly stunning.

Nice one.

//amullo

·
Registered
1,542 Posts

All depends on your body positioning on the bike. I'm pressed right up against the tank and as I move about I actually wear out the foam tank protectors I've been using. Very sweet looking 916, dime, my compliments

·
Premium Member
3,709 Posts
Nice...I've got a billet kickstand that's 1-1/4" longer then stock that I'll be selling soon, if you're interested.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Very Nice Bike, Love It!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
cheers for the thumbs up lads. put a lot of time and effort into this 916 which always was my dream bike. i'll never get rid of this one and even when im too old and unable to ride again, i'll be parkin her up in the living room :D

yeah the bike's angle of lean on the kickstand is a little more than usual. i replaced the side fairings with one piece fibre glass panels in order to have a belly pan fitted. it all came in a set from the uk so i just lined the inside of them lightly with p40 to make them stronger and then resprayed the entire bike myself however, if you look at the photos, the back of the belly pan has less than an inch clearance from the back wheel so i had to mess with the ride height adjuster to raise the back up a little to stop the rubbing. it turn the extra height means extra lean. i did have a guy chop and make a longer stand but it was just hitting the crabon firbre swing arm cover. not enough room on this bikes for alterations.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Very nice bike, nothing beats original...
But I should have a look at your rear brake hose, seems to float around a bit too much, you might want to secure it in some places.

·
Registered
923 Posts
gorgeous is right.:)

·
Registered
89 Posts
Well done! Excellent example of a 916.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts