Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Finally getting it dialed in the way I like it. That's the new Givi V46 Tech rear case, mounted on the Dynamic mounting plate. I didn't care for the Ducati rear case. I'm glad I have the panniers for touring but I prefer to run with a rear case only otherwise. Took my new Shoei Neotec and aztec spacers for a first run today and now that the 600 mile service is done I could really get into the power :cool:

·
Registered
40 Posts
sweet looking bike. The scenery is ok too. The top case matches the bike really well. I thought about going the givi route but went with the touratech zega panniers. Ride safe

·
Registered
42 Posts
Kankakeebenjamin

Are you happy with the zega panniers? Black or natural? do they hang the RHS box out further the exhaust?

Looking at these for and extended Oz trip

PS eye.surgeon. Nice farkle, I have the dynamic plate also. Suggest you sway OEM screws for stainless as the rust in humid weather.

Andrewst4s

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

·
Registered
40 Posts
Kankakeebenjamin

Are you happy with the zega panniers? Black or natural? do they hang the RHS box out further the exhaust?

Looking at these for and extended Oz trip

PS eye.surgeon. Nice farkle, I have the dynamic plate also. Suggest you sway OEM screws for stainless as the rust in humid weather.

Andrewst4s

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free
hey Andrew I bought the 45liter anodized black zega pros. They look absolutely awesome in my opinion and are extremely functional. To be honest I have not mounted them yet because I am having the mounting racks powder coated black first. Should get the side and top racks back early next week and will send you a pm with impressions and what I paid.... My only complaint is that you have to buy the locks (they gave them to me free) and install them your self which is not bad after the first one or two.

·
Premium Member
214 Posts
looking good, love that color.

Can i ask what is it(other than the cost) about the Ducati top case that you don't like?

Im just curious since i have the Ducati case on my bike and i really like it a lot, i cant find anything negative to say about it. It looks really similar to the one you have there, the only real difference is the pillion backrest that comes on the Ducati one. Im pretty happy with mine and i like the mount with the support bars that come included, its very well supported on the tail end. I have also gotten very positive review on the backrest after a long trip 2 up.....

·
Registered
545 Posts
Looksa niayce!

Love my Duc topcase and think only the Duc one's really look right on this bike, but the one you've got is probably the best, non-Ducati one I've seen yet.

The extent of my farkling on this bike has been sliders, rad guard, tech spec and a GPS. No intention to do anything more. The bike just feels right stock.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Looksa niayce!
Love my Duc topcase and think only the Duc one's really look right on this bike, but the one you've got is probably the best, non-Ducati one I've seen yet...
+1

I like how I can fit one or two helmets in the Duc case when I go out for a meal or something.

BTW: are you a Rossi fan? ;)

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It's the rear seat backrest attached to the Ducati rear case that I don't care for. I have another bike for riding two-up so I'll never need that, and I find the backrest detracts from the sporty look of the bike. Just my personal preference.

My Givi also holds two helmets, in fact if I'm not mistaken the Ducati case is a givi 46 L or maybe a 52 L. It's almost the same case as mine.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
I got pretty much the same set up. It's weird but the MTS looks good with just a top case on I think. I love that new color though. I wish they had it for the 11s when I got mine.

·
Registered
135 Posts
That color is really beautiful. If I crash my red MTS, and need to get a replacement, I'll probably go for the titanium as well.

·
Resident Raggamuffin
9,712 Posts
It's the rear seat backrest attached to the Ducati rear case that I don't care for. I have another bike for riding two-up so I'll never need that, and I find the backrest detracts from the sporty look of the bike. Just my personal preference.

My Givi also holds two helmets, in fact if I'm not mistaken the Ducati case is a givi 46 L or maybe a 52 L. It's almost the same case as mine.
Do you plan on using the panniers? If not, save yourself some weight (while improving the looks) and lose the pillion pegs...FYI, the rubber pannier mounts on those pegs have been known to come off en route.

Safe travels,

·
Super Moderator
5,698 Posts
gorgeous set up

Howdy eye.doc, I recently got a Neotec too, still breaking it in, the cheek pads are pretty robust. Either my skull is gradually changing shape or the pads are breaking in, it's getting comfortable for longer periods each ride but almost killed me on a 2 hour ride the first day I got it.

If you end up getting a Scala communicator make sure to mount the speakers most medially, they velcro securely right onto the padded fabric over the speaker recesses. I first installed them into the recesses under the fabric and it was almost inaudible. Being able to chat with my wife on rides has it pluses and minuses...

Wish we had some trees like that around here, but New England has it's charms. Happy riding!

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Do you plan on using the panniers? If not, save yourself some weight (while improving the looks) and lose the pillion pegs...FYI, the rubber pannier mounts on those pegs have been known to come off en route.

Safe travels,
I'll use the panniers occasionally for touring. Most of my use of this bike is day rides though. I have another bike that gets most of my overnight/touring duty.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Hey eye.surgeon, real nice ride...I too like to ride with just the tail bag and only use the side bags for fully loaded touring. I have the Ducati trunk, but thought about the Givi as you can have rear tailights with it, does yours?
The only thing I didn't like about the Ducati trunk was the hideous rack and the two support bars that block the tailight somewhat from the side. I replaced it with the Altrider plate and for $16 more they sell the Givi mounts, it looks great even without the trunk on it now too, no more ugly support bars. Love that titanium color!
Safe riding,
Jeff

·
Premium Member
462 Posts
Finally getting it dialed in the way I like it. That's the new Givi V46 Tech rear case, mounted on the Dynamic mounting plate. I didn't care for the Ducati rear case. I'm glad I have the panniers for touring but I prefer to run with a rear case only otherwise. Took my new Shoei Neotec and aztec spacers for a first run today and now that the 600 mile service is done I could really get into the power :cool:
Welcome from an ex I-BMWer. Love your new ride. The titanium and black contrast looks killer. Looking forward to many more great pics of the MTS.

·
Registered
195 Posts
eyesurgeon - how do like the neotec helmet? thinking of buying one - but am worried about the noise/buffeting of a modular.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
eyesurgeon - how do like the neotec helmet? thinking of buying one - but am worried about the noise/buffeting of a modular.
The Neotec is very high quality. I like it. I wear earplugs so noise is not an issue, but I don't think it's appreciably noisier than most regular helmets. Certainly it doesn't cause any buffeting. The interior lining is very high quality and plush and the optics of the shield and sun visor are excellent.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts