Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Made a few basic mods to my bike lately. Here are some pics:
Cut out venting holes in the clutch cover and painted the pressure plate red for cheap effect.
Installed Rizoma reverse retro mirrors - I first installed them under the bar but it was hard to see them.
Removed carbon canister and relocated horn.
Shortened the front turn signals by removing the spacers (clipped ears).
Found a piece of carbon fiber and made a GPS mount/ handlebar deflector which does a good job at hiding the throttle/brake/clutch cables. Not sure about the look of it yet.
Installed tail tidy with LED plate light.
I use an Ogio mini tank bag for day rides - works pretty good.
Feedback welcome, should I change any of it?

Attachments

·
Registered
219 Posts
that carbon piece is awesome! where did it come from?

I see you got black fluid tanks... did you just spray the stock ones?

How does that tank bag work? do you strap to? or is it Magnetic?

·
Registered
181 Posts
I removed the passenger peg support bracket on the left side and will be cutting down the right one to just support the mufflers.

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Nice job on the clutch cover , but IMO the yellow springs are a no no..

The carbon looks different & does help to hide the max of wires & cables

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
that carbon piece is awesome! where did it come from?

I see you got black fluid tanks... did you just spray the stock ones?

How does that tank bag work? do you strap to? or is it Magnetic?
The carbon piece came from a part that one of the vendors at my work brought as a sample of what they can do (entirely nonrelated to motos). It has been sitting around my office for a long time and just didn't have the heart to throw it away, so I just cut it up and this is the result. Sorry, no duplicates!
The fluid tanks are just blacked out with electrical tape so I can get an idea of what they would look like. I like them balck but I may have to buy some Rizomas because I don't think paint would hold up on the plastic ones.
The bag is held down by a strap in the front going under the frame and two straps going to the fairing screws in front of the seat. I cut out the magnetic sides from the bag.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I removed the passenger peg support bracket on the left side and will be cutting down the right one to just support the mufflers.
There is an exhaust bracket available by Motowheels I think if you want to save your stock rear pegs. I like the passenger pegs just fine.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nice job on the clutch cover , but IMO the yellow springs are a no no..
Yeah, that looks a bit tacky doesn't it. I think I will paint them black for now and get a stainless set later. I just didn't want them to rust right away and figured it matches the rear shock spring...not so much though.
I apreciate the feedback everyone.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Yeah, that looks a bit tacky doesn't it. I think I will paint them black for now and get a stainless set later. I just didn't want them to rust right away and figured it matches the rear shock spring...not so much though.
I apreciate the feedback everyone.
LOVE the clutch cover! What did you use to cut the openings???

·
Registered
2,501 Posts
Looks very nice. Am I seeing things or are your reservoirs black or is the fluid in them black ? :eek: It's hard to tell from the pic's.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
LOVE the clutch cover! What did you use to cut the openings???
I like the cover too, it's just the yellow springs I'm not so sure about. The cover was routed out on a mill by a local machine shop. They just followed the outline of the indented windows on the stock cover.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Looks very nice. Am I seeing things or are your reservoirs black or is the fluid in them black ? :eek: It's hard to tell from the pic's.
LOL...no, just blacked them out with electrical tape to see what it would look like. The fluid is nice and clear.

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
I think you may find it will be not much dearer to buy stainless springs as buy the paint to do them black.

They are not that expensive

·
IHMC Est. 2010
2,017 Posts
Sure is a hassle to remove those passenger pegs:eek: It should be way simpler than it is.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks again for everyone's responses. I stopped by the Ducati shop today and ended up buying a set of stainless steel clutch springs ($49) so I got them installed tonight. Sorry, no updated picture yet but it looks much better.
I noted the SS springs are about 1/4 inch shorter than stock but I haven't noticed a change in lever pressure. Just thought I'd share.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I have decided to spray paint the stock fluid tanks black using Rustoleum plastic paint. It came out ok and the masked fluid level windows work fine too. I just hope it will not start chipping and peeling. That would look terrible.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 20 Posts