Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

Pics Installed Smoked Tail Light " LED" Motodynamic

21K views 54 replies 26 participants last post by  Donger 
#1 ·
Some pics of the smoked sequential motodynamics tail light.. this thing rocks, totally matches the bike... Install was dead easy, no cutting or splicing, plug and play, total hook up time under 20 seconds after tail was off the bike... Plug , Plug , Plug , Done...

See less See more
#3 ·
Whys that? failure? or?

The previous blinkers I had were from the " competition werks -Stealth Tidy Tail" and they were almost invisible even when you know they are there in the day time... Look good at night, but deadly in the day , So I switched to this yesterday and so far its really bright and 100x better than the previous set up.

#4 ·
Nice looking setup venomous. I've got the comp werkes stealth tail tidy to install yet on my bike and I was also looking at this smoke led tail light set up as an alternative to the comp werkes blinker setup. I really like the way it looks. Plus I think it would look incredible with my fighter yellow.

#6 ·
The tail is pretty straight forward, just start removing all the bolts out of the rear end, the only hard part was getting the tail light out of the tail it self, You just have to give it a good pull and put some pressure on the plastic to flex it a little to let the tail light pop out..

#14 ·
Is it nice and bright in daylight... I get my SF848 on Saturday and this may be a mod I need to do...

Cheers Nick

#15 ·
I have a set and it really cleans up the rear nicely. Only problem is that when it's sunny outside, nobody behind you can see them. Brake lights yes, a bit, but not the turn signals. My buddy almost rear-ended me because he didn't know I was turning. So be prepared. :rolleyes:

#16 ·
thanks Mistasam I like the idea of the smoked tail light..

I understand about the indicators and may have to go down the route of some smaller rizoma ones and leave the tail light ones disconnected..

I think the sunny weather you get may a bit better than the drab horrible British summer weather!!

Not ideal picking up a new bike as the snow has started to fall here so I think It will be in my garage for a while before I can take her out.

#21 · (Edited)
You worry too much :D I've got one, smoked, and it is very bright and works great.

If you decide to go with the flasher relay, or a "Brake Light Modulator", then you have to get SupaBrake-II motorcycle tail light modulators | vizi-tec

I've had Supabrake units installed on all my bikes and it is the best, real plug and play solution...

#22 · (Edited)
Yes, if you wish to. You would need to tap (splice) into the original turn signal wires. Its best to use Posi-lock wire taps.. What i did was i added a pair of small LED's inside the vents.. totally unnecessary, but they give me some additional peace of mind.

The advantage is that when you have Motodynamic taillight installed, it already has enough resistance wired in, that whatever led's you add to the bike will not "hyper-flash".

#23 ·
Video plz

I would love to see them on a street in daytime and nighttime if anybody is willing.

I am waiting to bring my SF848 out for the first time ever as soon as the snow is gone and this tail light mod is about the nicest I've seen.

#24 ·
#26 ·
Looks great, Ive got one on order myself. Ive currently got my turn signals located in the tail vents. Previous owner located them there, and no one can see them lit up when riding. This is a nice alternative to that, and im sure that even when its tough to see during the daytime, they will be better than the tail vent ones.

#34 ·
I installed my Motodynamic smoked light last weekend, looks freaking awesome and I love the blinkers as well as the tripple flash brake light. However, my wife and I noticed last night in the dark that the brake light is much dimmer than the stock one on a 696 Monster. And it has nothing to do with the smoked lens, the brake lights themselves are only marginally brighter than the running light, while the brake light on the Monster is blindingly brighter than the running light (a whole second bank of LEDs turns on when braking). Hopefully won't be a huge deal since the tripple flash will get people's attention, but it's something everyone should be aware of! If I can, I'll try to get a picture tonight to illustrate.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.