Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some pics of the smoked sequential motodynamics tail light.. this thing rocks, totally matches the bike... Install was dead easy, no cutting or splicing, plug and play, total hook up time under 20 seconds after tail was off the bike... Plug , Plug , Plug , Done...

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Pretty freaking awesome...

Integrated lights scare the heck out of me, though..
Whys that? failure? or?

The previous blinkers I had were from the " competition werks -Stealth Tidy Tail" and they were almost invisible even when you know they are there in the day time... Look good at night, but deadly in the day , So I switched to this yesterday and so far its really bright and 100x better than the previous set up.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Nice looking setup venomous. I've got the comp werkes stealth tail tidy to install yet on my bike and I was also looking at this smoke led tail light set up as an alternative to the comp werkes blinker setup. I really like the way it looks. Plus I think it would look incredible with my fighter yellow.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Was it hard to remove the tail to install the light? I have one coming...

Did you find any DIYs or anything online explaining how to remove the tail? If so, could you please share?

Thanks

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The tail is pretty straight forward, just start removing all the bolts out of the rear end, the only hard part was getting the tail light out of the tail it self, You just have to give it a good pull and put some pressure on the plastic to flex it a little to let the tail light pop out..

·
Registered
180 Posts
The tail is pretty straight forward, just start removing all the bolts out of the rear end, the only hard part was getting the tail light out of the tail it self, You just have to give it a good pull and put some pressure on the plastic to flex it a little to let the tail light pop out..
Thanks...so no real gotchas if you use common sense to remove the tail? Anything about routing of the wires that you have to worry about?

Thanks again

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks...so no real gotchas if you use common sense to remove the tail? Anything about routing of the wires that you have to worry about?

Thanks again
There are 2 relays, if you put them on the " left side" of the bike they fit right under the frame, and tiewrap them to the frame, The right side is full of connections so go to left side " driver side in a car" all the wiring is plug and play, so do not order the adapters for the wiring as you dont need them.. I have a set of adapters that were useless ..

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
can you post of picture of the light lit up ? I would lovea video if possible.

By the way, nice color ride, same as mine :)
I will try to grab some today , I had my wife follow me in the car, she said all she could see was my brake light flashing, when you hit the break it flashes 3x and the blinker is great as well..

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
can you post of picture of the light lit up ? I would lovea video if possible.

By the way, nice color ride, same as mine :)
I will try to grab some today , I had my wife follow me in the car, she said all she could see was my brake light flashing, when you hit the break it flashes 3x and the blinker is great as well..

·
Registered
180 Posts
yup, I had a MotoDynamic one on my Monster and it was great...even smoked, the LEDs are really bright...I ordered the one for the SF before I even signed for the bike. Its sitting in my mailbox at home...

Thanks for the tips...

·
Registered
635 Posts
Good looking light with some nice features......I may have to grab one m'self ;)

From their website

·
Registered
16 Posts
Is it nice and bright in daylight... I get my SF848 on Saturday and this may be a mod I need to do...

Cheers Nick

·
Registered
237 Posts
I have a set and it really cleans up the rear nicely. Only problem is that when it's sunny outside, nobody behind you can see them. Brake lights yes, a bit, but not the turn signals. My buddy almost rear-ended me because he didn't know I was turning. So be prepared. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
16 Posts
thanks Mistasam I like the idea of the smoked tail light..

I understand about the indicators and may have to go down the route of some smaller rizoma ones and leave the tail light ones disconnected..

I think the sunny weather you get may a bit better than the drab horrible British summer weather!!

Not ideal picking up a new bike as the snow has started to fall here so I think It will be in my garage for a while before I can take her out.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Looks like you'll be having the bike delivered on saturday Nick, lots of snow forcast.

Like the idea of those small rizoma indicators, don't forget to post pics.

Geoff...:sleep:

btw it didn't take you long to find the best SF forum...;);)

·
Registered
77 Posts
I've been intrigued about these integrated lights since I got my bike last year. I would love to see a video of these working in real world lighting, not the indoor shot the company has on their website.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I'm worried that they won't be bright enough in the daytime. I want one from CustomLED, but they don't have enough interest from people to make one.:mad:

I might just get some Rizomas and some kind of taillight flasher relay.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts