Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I have enough truck bed with tailgate down to haul my duc , now I just need to be able to put it in and out of truckbed by myself safely . So I've googled "motorcycle ramps" and found some called "black widow" or "big boy II". which are wide enough to ride bike and use feet for stability in and out of truckbed and are long enough so as not to hi center on bottom of fairing , sounds perfect right , I guess my question is; does anyone have any experience with this type of ramp or know of any other option , don't have room to keep a trailer at home

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
I have their 3 piece folding. Works great, can ride up it. Takes a while to set up but very stable. Tip set it up at home prior to trackday. Mine needed some grinding to fold straight.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Is it the kind I described ,9' long and about 3' wide ? Hope I don't sound like a choosey begger , I just don't want to attempt it on a narrow ramp by myself

·
Registered
8 Posts
http://www.cyclegear.com/spgm.cfm?L1=&L2=&L3=&L4=&item=TUC_56-0062_G

I use it with my Hayabusa. Just strap the ramp down and I ride the bike up and into the truck. Depending on where I unload I sometimes have to get a hand with the unload. The largest factor with me was the arch to ensure I would not bottom out while loading the bike.

Hope that helps.
-Joe

I work/near you so if you need a hand I can help you out.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I got one from Northern tool and eq. $200. Works great and folds up. I ride it up and, sit on the bike and walk it down. Used it several times no problems.

Attachments

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Gonna look into that northern tool ramp , I just don't want to do the balancing act with it while I'm trying to unload it on a narrow ramp but I do appreciate the offers guys

·
Registered
266 Posts
the worst part is goin up & down without losing your balance
if you get the ramps be careful dont fail
end if you truck is to tall make more hard to going up
Good luck Vito

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Bought the Big Boy ramp a 10'x38" 3 piece ramp gonna figure it all out this weekend

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Worked beautifully , folds up and fits on floor of back seat , I'm very pleased , would recomend

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Don't forget about your ground clearance with a short ramp , once the front wheel is in truckbed your underpan may start to scrape truck

·
Registered
234 Posts
Don't forget about your ground clearance with a short ramp , once the front wheel is in truckbed your underpan may start to scrape truck
great point! i few years ago i purchased the longest ramp i could find just for that reason.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts