Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Very nice....post up some more pics in the future!
:abduct:

·
Registered
429 Posts
Fantastic

Freekin awesome, You must be static :eek::eek::eek:, I hope one day I can own the perfect 749R.

I just love that bike, congrats!

·
wishes it was summer
697 Posts
Awesome! Congrats on the purchase and welcome to the club :D Please post your impressions of the bike when you get a chance to ride it.

-Carlo

·
Registered
8,545 Posts
Good old Ft. Jackson. Was Soldier of the Month there in April 1969. Brings back memories. Congrats on the bike. It looks new.

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
Nice! Looks like it has many tasty extras too.

·
Super Senior Poster
6,328 Posts
Congrats Bella!

I really can't think of a better road trip, no matter how far, as one to go pick up your new motorcycle. Went on a 6hr road trip to Maryland to pick up my Ducati 999. There it was minty condition, put it on the trailer and drove it home. Everyone seemed to give me a thumbs up and ask about it anytime we stopped or got gas! Can't think of a better feeling then those I experienced coming home-can't imagine how you felt bringing home the 749R !! If you get a chance fill us in on the trip to get the R !

Good wishes and best of luck!
Jeff

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Congrats Bella!

I really can't think of a better road trip, no matter how far, as one to go pick up your new motorcycle. Went on a 6hr road trip to Maryland to pick up my Ducati 999. There it was minty condition, put it on the trailer and drove it home. Everyone seemed to give me a thumbs up and ask about it anytime we stopped or got gas! Can't think of a better feeling then those I experienced coming home-can't imagine how you felt bringing home the 749R !! If you get a chance fill us in on the trip to get the R !

Good wishes and best of luck!
Jeff

The road trip was relatively uneventful. Started out in Columbia late evening Friday, enroute to Richmond, Virginia. I crashed out at rest area in VA where I proceeded to lock my keys in my truck. That was fixed in about a minute after the maintenance guy hooked me up with a coat hanger :cool:

Made it Richmond Superbike Saturday morning. The bike was already on a lift ready to be inspected. Pulled the fairings and did a good once over, all I could say is WOW! That thing was bristling with all kinds of unobtanium goodness; the bike is effin' amazing! I only took it for a brief ride, but was very happy with the power delivery. The FI mapping is absolutely falwless. No dips at all, and that is with the full exhaust system.

Some of the really cool parts include a Corse 4-pin slipper, vented clutch case and quick-change axle from Leon Haslam's BSB "B" bike. Other trickery is full Brembo HP billet brake components on both ends. I'll be sure to post up some eye candy... in the meantime you can check out the shop's website:

http://www.richmondsuperbike.com/749r.php

Joey Ledford and his crew there are all really good folks. I like the way they think and work. If you live in the area, and have not been to the shop, I strongly recommend to you check it out.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Congrats on your purchase! I'm just waiting for mine to arrive from California...not quite the short drive yours was...lol

I would have flown out there then ridden it back, but that would have required buying a new set of tires then having the Pilot race tires that were on there shipped back....and...well, a few other things...so I'm just having it shipped.

Sounds like we're going to have quite a few new threads popping up around here about the 749R! Exciting times!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Congrats on the purchase. That's a beautiful bike. I hope there are still some good examples around when I'm ready to grab a superbike.

·
Premium Member
8,729 Posts
Congrats on the purchase. That's a beautiful bike. I hope there are still some good examples around when I'm ready to grab a superbike.
It would be a miracle to find a bike like Bella found and for the price. I would have gone across the USA for that bike if I heard about it sooner. I did over a 1,000 mile round trip with my trailer to pick up my 999R, thats what you do when you find a smokin deal. Bella found one and I'm sure you will all agree once you hear the breakdown of mods and then if he so chooses to divulge the price he paid.

·
Resident Raggamuffin
9,712 Posts
Congrats sir....a fantastic choice for certain.

have fun

·
Registered
525 Posts
I looked all over the western US for my 999. At the last min, I found one about 8 miles away...free delivery too.

Made the call and it was in my driveway waiting for me a few hours later.

·
Premium Member
828 Posts
Nice bike, congrats. The previous owner has $50K invested! If you don't mind, what did the bike cost you?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts