Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Picked up my new 1198S today!! Updated with Pics!

I have to say I was a bit excited going to get it. I can't believe how freakin' nice this machine is. It's truly a piece of art. The power delivery is amazing. I can't wait until I can actually get on it (600 mile break in period). I hope to be able to ride with more Ducati riders now that I have my bike.

·
Super Senior Poster
6,328 Posts
She's a beauty! I like the bronze frame!...I hear they went away from that in 2010. Ashame!

·
Premium Member
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Actually I wanted the red frame with the black bike. I really like the 1098 from last year like that. I guess I have to live with it though....lol

·
Registered
39 Posts
Congrats! Nice color! You'll love it.

I'm taking mine in for the 600 mi service this week.

I'm still glad I got the bronze frame.

·
9,757 Posts
561 Posts
I picked up the same bike as well......let the mods begin. The first kicker is the stock exhaust....3K to get rid of unwanted heat. Then it's off to learn the traction control.....do ya set it on Haga.....or fabritzio, only you can decide. I've nutted myself 3 times so far.....good luck on the DTC settings, and remember, when taking off from a light,even the #1 setting will shut down the power if you yank the front wheel anything under 30 kmh.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Very nice bike!!!!!

·
Registered
326 Posts
Beautiful bike and nice paver stone driveway! Personally I like the bronze frame and wheels on both the black and red 1198s models. Congrats!:D

·
Registered
243 Posts
Congrats good choice of color love that black

·
Registered
224 Posts
I have to say I was a bit excited going to get it. I can't believe how freakin' nice this machine is. It's truly a piece of art. The power delivery is amazing. I can't wait until I can actually get on it (600 mile break in period). I hope to be able to ride with more Ducati riders now that I have my bike.

Beautiful bike, man I love that black. Welcome to the elite.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I picked it up from Euro Cycles.
Sat_Duc,
I was at Eurocycles on Saturday too (was checking out a Street Triple). We probably just missed each other.

I live less than 10 minutes away.

·
Premium Member
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Sat_Duc,
I was at Eurocycles on Saturday too (was checking out a Street Triple). We probably just missed each other.

I live less than 10 minutes away.
Good luck with the Triple.

I'm gonna be up there tomorrow I think. Need to pick up a couple things.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Great lookin bike! I think the bronze frame makes it look more exotic...especially
on a black bike. I've got the red/bronze, and I've grown to like the color. After having a 1098S, and a 1098 w/red frames, it took a little while to get used to it.

Now get out there, and get the shine off those tires!

Jim

1 - 19 of 19 Posts