Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

Just picked up my first duc - 2008 Hypermotard 1100S.... with only 1,700 miles on the clock.

Full Termi (2-1), ducati performance damper, cf bits

Amazing bike, going from a ZX6R, torque is amazing, I think they filled front wheel up with Helium

Only issue i have (which is under initial warranty) is the dash / gauges are fine when key is on but engine is off, but as soon as you start the engine, most of the display goes away and you can barley read anything on the screen.

Anyone else have this issue? Dealership agreed to get me new OEM dash, but if it's something I could fix without replacing it, i can probably just sell the dash.

Thanks, will post pics soon.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Also forgot to mention, live in NYC, frequent Bear Mountain and Cold Springs on weekend rides.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
NYC is big? where exactly? Miss the city, I used to live near 23&3rd. Btw, the hyper is perfect for NYC, just somehow got to get her past the subway security. ;)

Your dealer is a gem. New dash!!!! Woooooot! You turned down a free item from a Ducati dealer???

This site is a treasure, use the search function and/or post in the HM section and people will help you.

Congrats on the bike, fill out your info and welcome to the club!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
NYC is big? where exactly? Miss the city, I used to live near 23&3rd. Btw, the hyper is perfect for NYC, just somehow got to get her past the subway security. ;)

Your dealer is a gem. New dash!!!! Woooooot! You turned down a free item from a Ducati dealer???

This site is a treasure, use the search function and/or post in the HM section and people will help you.

Congrats on the bike, fill out your info and welcome to the club!

Thanks man. I'm in financial district, a bit above wall st. No, didn't turn it down, but figured if i could ge t the existing to work I can keep the new dash or sell it, but I'm sure it just needs to be replaced.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts