Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Picked up a '02 998 biposto today for a pretty good price. going to use the frame and electrical harness and some other parts to solve various issues i was going to have with using my 748 frame. runs real good and is really clean, which is surprising considering it has 19k miles on it.

are there any advantages to using a set of 999 throttle bodies on a 998 motor as i have a set i modified to fit in a 748/w 998 motor?
also what kind of rear sets are these? also had this air filter in the air box, any opinions on this type of filter?

Attachments

·
Mayor of Simpleton
4,875 Posts
+1

And 19k is not much with a cared-for bike.

Reactions: ProphetPVD

·
Premium Member
5,643 Posts
Dibs on the mirrors!

But yeah... What?

·
Premium Member
5,151 Posts
999 TB's use the new TPS which can't be read by the 998 computer. Pegs are DP or a nock-off of DP. Nothing wrong with the filter.

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
"998 in a 748 frame"...why don't you just ride that one? :confused:
havent got it any where done as am having problems locating lots of parts i need and getting throttle bodies for a 998 was quite difficult to find. clearance issues on my 748 frame was becoming a problem, the 998 throttle bodies wont fit on a 748 without making a lower v bar. considering i got a good deal on the bike i can keep what i need and want sell the rest and make a little profit as well. would have bought the bike to part out any way, so in the end i save a lot time and cash looking for parts, and trying to get to work out. i think i might take my other 748 or 996 frame and other 998 motor and make a track bike. we'll see things go for that.

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
999 TB's use the new TPS which can't be read by the 998 computer. Pegs are DP or a nock-off of DP. Nothing wrong with the filter.
will a tps from a 998 work on a 999 throttle body. was using a '01 electrical harness with the 999 tbs. was told they would work.

·
Registered
361 Posts
The 999 throttle bodies don't really fit the shallow v frame that well and they don't line up well with the 998 airbox, for what I read the 998 bodies fit just have to mod the brace that holds them together

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
The 999 throttle bodies don't really fit the shallow v frame that well and they don't line up well with the 998 airbox, for what I read the 998 bodies fit just have to mod the brace that holds them together

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
i fixed the clearing problem of the shallow v. now have the problem of the tps not working with my 748 ecu. ihad go trim off the bolt holes on the rear tb and trim down both sides of the bracket mounts on thee rear tb as well. just fit under the air box now.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,854 Posts
Nice bike.

Run the stock air filters. This forum has beat that subject to death on the 916/998 style setup.

Rearsets are DP knock-offs. I have them. Saved me a good amount of damage on a low-side.

Send me a Pm if and when you decide to part it out.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Not sure how you treat bikes but my St4s that has more mileage still looks new! maybe I spend too much money on cleaning products and not enough time riding.

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i take good care of my bike, spend more time working on it than riding it. a lot of owners beat the shit out of it and then sell it. i get those and part them out. this one is actually pretty clean, nice change for once. Going to put all the good stuff i have on the red one onto the yellow one. along with the 848 swing are and sell the left overs or make a cheap track bike.

Attachments

Reactions: Jesson

·
Premium Member
5,151 Posts
it actually can read the TPS but it won't fuel correctly. Read brad blacks description of linear and none linear TPS.

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
think i read that a while back. Was thinking i would use the other 998 motor with the 999 tbs as a track bike. Can't use the tb's on a999 anymore as i shaved them to fit a 748 frame. Saw apost where they put a 998 tps on the rear throttl body.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts