Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Alright then: Touratech cradle for Zumo 660 on a Desmotimes steering stem RAM-mount. The vibrations of the engine caused the GPS to lose the 12V-connection at certain RPMs so I mainly bought the cradle because the GPS is now rubber mounted, which solves the problem completely.

The ability to lock it is nice, but was not a main argument for purchase. Still very happy with it. They have a newer mount now which has supposedly been improved.

Cheers,
Mark

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
simple but works

Here is my GPS mount. I use my phone in the RAM-mount. For power I have a fused 2.1 amp USB charger that is designed to be water proof. All of this is wired to the battery.

Attachments

·
Mr Leakered
8,803 Posts
I'm FINALLY getting there. With a gift card from my Mother-in-Law, I finally snagged a few RAM bits for the Ural, as it was an easy fitment with the bar mount piece. It, a shorty arm, and the x-grip holder have been working great. Seeing Waze on the commute today along with a reliable GPS speed was quite nice. I'm looking forward to finally testing out the CoPilot GPS app on some FS roads.

For the ST, I found this:
[ame]http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005J43I56/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1[/ame]

M8 bolts are used on our clip-ons and also on the Cycle Cats. For the CCs, there is an M8x1.25 hole on the inside end of the bars. They are used to support the clutch and brake reservoirs on my setup. I'm going to try mounting the RAM ball there.

I'm planning on transferring the arm and x-grip back and forth.

Have a good one.

·
Mr Leakered
8,803 Posts
The RAM ball mount came today.

Pretty sweet and easy setup. The top right corner of the phablet covers the lower end of the speedo. That is fine with me.

Have a good one.

Attachments

·
Mr Leakered
8,803 Posts
I'm glad you like it. Can't wait for the ride to work tomorrow.

BTW, don't forget about breakfast on Friday, if you're available. We're going to start talking about a possible 5day tour.

And, I should be working offsite at Carillon on Monday continuing for the next couple months or so.

Have a good one.

·
Premium Member
2,349 Posts
Need to revisit this as I am looking for a way to mount my phone to use as a GPS. Anyone out there find a newer way to mount on an ST4 like mine. Is the RAM mount off the steering head bolt the best way to go. Also, I noted before that there is a wiring set-up for heated grips already present on the ST, so can that be used for a USB charger (I had a problem with an always on system using the stock jack....had to find a hill to jump start the beast!).

·
Registered
14 Posts
ST2 Navman Mount

Hi
I just made a mount for my Navman on my ST2.
Used the 2 existing 8mm bolts that bolt the handlebars on, longer bolts (40mm M8) and a pair of spacers made from 1/2" tubing and a piece of light angle aluminium

Works a treat, might try spacing the aluminium up on an angle as the Navman is a bit hard to read in the sunlight but otherwise all perfect:laugh:

You could mount anything this way (cellphone included) as long as you have a case that you can screw to the aluminium.

Attachments

21 - 29 of 29 Posts