Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried searching this forum with no luck...

I realize at some point I'll get the proper tool for the job (i.e. Multistrada), but until then I will be soldiering on with my GT1000 multi-tool.

I'm changing handlebars and the local shop planted the thought of installing heated grips while I was at it. With my R/R already upgraded (Thanks JC!) I'm revisiting the idea of heated grips but want to sort out my switch location and mounting first.

If you've installed heated grips on your GT, do you have pics of your install? where and how did you mount the switch? Where did you tap in for your keyed power? I'm looking at the Heat Demon grip heaters with the 13/16" round hole needed for the rocker switch.

My current idea for the switch location is to mount the switch to a flat aluminum bar mounted just below the gauge cluster using the two gauge cluster bolts. The goal is for a stealth install, but accessible.

Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm not set on the Heat Demons, thanks for the suggestion, I'll check them out... Do you have pics of your grips installed?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts