Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone got a pic of a PS with Zards?... I'm having a Zard vs Termi moment on my PS... Are the Zards too much of a statement on a retro PS, are they too 1950s Sci Fi? Or, is that a good thing?, ...or should I keep it simple with the single Termi.... Decisions, decisions...

Ta...

·
Registered
90 Posts
They are steampunk style. I had the same question. I ordered the zards full package.

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

·
Premium Member
6,048 Posts
I have a warm place in my heart for the 2-1 Termi's

Anyone got a pic of a PS with Zards?... I'm having a Zard vs Termi moment on my PS... Are the Zards too much of a statement on a retro PS, are they too 1950s Sci Fi? Or, is that a good thing?, ...or should I keep it simple with the single Termi.... Decisions, decisions...

Ta...

·
Registered
90 Posts
Those Termis are not available in Germany and are illegal here...

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

·
Registered
103 Posts

Ta...
I think you need to go "ALL THE WAY" and get the same Zards as on the NCR New Blue. Personally, I'd kill fot them.

·
Premium Member
6,048 Posts
The NEW BLUE NCR Zards are for a Hybrid SC
and will not fit the Paul Smart because of the Larger Monoshock

Hybrid because
The Swingarm and the shocks are off of a 07 and up
and
The Mounting Bracket over the Clutch is for a "Dry Clutch" 2006 engine
Many with the 07 and up BiP with the "WET" Clutch tat has shelled out mucho dinero and has found the mounting bracket that is provided with the kit from NCR will not fit the WET CLUTCH cover and one has to be custom made.
NCR fails to mention this in presales or in any literature and it is usually a rude awakening when you start the installation and discover the bracket does not work and you have to stop and make one. No biggie as it is a simple bracket but it would be nice to get one from NCR considering the cost of the System
:think:

Anyway
We can get the NCR exhaust but you will need to find a fabricator to make the Bracket

I think you need to go "ALL THE WAY" and get the same Zards as on the NCR New Blue. Personally, I'd kill fot them.

·
Premium Member
1,088 Posts
I have a warm place in my heart for the 2-1 Termi's
I agree, 2-1 Termi is my favorite exhaust available for the SC line. My dream is to figure out a way to make a horizontal header that routes like that under the engine while working with my dual shocks/cans.

·
Premium Member
1,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I do love my 2-1 Termis, but they're kinda subtle, whereas, whenever I set a set of full Zards on a mono, it stops me dead in my tracks... Sometimes I think they're just too much - proper steampunk bonkers, but a part of me thinks that might just look very cool on a PS.

Now, if I could just see pics of both, side by side, I could make up my mind.

·
Premium Member
1,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks dude... Just what I was looking for...

So, this:

vs this:

Hmmm.....

·
Registered
592 Posts
Why dont you consider a bespoke set, something like this perhaps

Ducati | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Ducati | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Theres a few companies that can do it for you.:)

Nice assymetric pipes, I remember this bike as I considered buying it a few years ago, dont have any better pics though and I cant embed the flickr ones here

·
Registered
90 Posts
@JC The Zards are legal in Germany. They have a E number.

Sent from my iPad using MO Free

·
Registered
321 Posts
my old PS with Zard slip ons.

Attachments

·
IHMC Est. 2010
2,017 Posts
I used to be all crazy for the zards full system but feel that the 2 into 1 termi system is really the most suited to the PS. If only the Zard was high/low on opposing sides like the original Paul Smart Imola bike.

·
Premium Member
1,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Y'know, looking at all these pics, I love the Zards. ...The full system is 1950s rocket-science and steam-punk all rolled into one, and the slip-ons look great too - but when you look at all the pics side by side, I think the humble, simple, Termi 2 into 1 might just have the edge after all. If I was to go custom I'd probably just shorten the Termis an inch or two.

Phew. Saved myself a grand... (which I didn't have anyway)

Lovely pics tho. Thanks all.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Good call. On the S models or PS the fairing goes much better with a simpler exhaust.

Quick side note.....

The diopa has always had a quirk that didnt sit well with me. The seat cushion! Wouldn't a streamlined seat cushion look much better? One that follows the line of the seat and is a tad thinner?

Of course it is not my bike nor do i have a diopa, I just very much value my own opinion...:D

But really..

·
Registered
103 Posts
The website has pics of a PS with Zards.

Zard: Sport 1000 & Paul Smart
Oooohhhhh.......crap, you'd think for that kind of money they would at least supply the bracket.
JC, again I learn from the master. WOW... You really do know everything SC!
The NEW BLUE NCR Zards are for a Hybrid SC
and will not fit the Paul Smart because of the Larger Monoshock

Hybrid because
The Swingarm and the shocks are off of a 07 and up
and
The Mounting Bracket over the Clutch is for a "Dry Clutch" 2006 engine
Many with the 07 and up BiP with the "WET" Clutch tat has shelled out mucho dinero and has found the mounting bracket that is provided with the kit from NCR will not fit the WET CLUTCH cover and one has to be custom made.
NCR fails to mention this in presales or in any literature and it is usually a rude awakening when you start the installation and discover the bracket does not work and you have to stop and make one. No biggie as it is a simple bracket but it would be nice to get one from NCR considering the cost of the System
:think:

Anyway
We can get the NCR exhaust but you will need to find a fabricator to make the Bracket

·
Premium Member
1,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Good call. On the S models or PS the fairing goes much better with a simpler exhaust.

Quick side note.....

The diopa has always had a quirk that didnt sit well with me. The seat cushion! Wouldn't a streamlined seat cushion look much better? One that follows the line of the seat and is a tad thinner?

Of course it is not my bike nor do i have a diopa, I just very much value my own opinion...:D

But really..
Well spotted dude...
The seat cushion on my Diopa in these pics is horrible, and is actually a new one I had made... but they upholsterer padded it out without asking me.

I'm going back next week to have the foam thickness cut in half and having the slimmest seat cushion I can get away with... This one is like a fat sausage and ruins the bike.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts