Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I was surfing this site the other day and I had seen a picture of a Sport Classic - Sport 1000 or PS, and the bike had a set of ZARDs that were coated / Black. I recall that the ZARDS were the typical Paul Smart style - 2pipes on the right side of the bike.

Also the bike had custom wheels 10 spoke wheels, I believe, maybe I had one too many glasses of wine to remember :eek:

Any ideas who's bike and list of mods?

Thanks,

Man I think I need a glass of wine :D

·
Banned
2,916 Posts
you talk about Mooners Paul Smart, it has
black pipes and aftermarkte wheels.
and a brown suede seat.

:think:

here it is:

·
Registered
666 Posts
Here is pic I took today. I've replaced the forks with Ohlins FGRT803 forks, NCR triple clamps, clip-ons, and rearsets. There is also a billet rear caliper. A NCR slipper is waiting to be installed.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Here is pic I took today. I've replaced the forks with Ohlins FGRT803 forks, NCR triple clamps, clip-ons, and rearsets. There is also a billet rear caliper. A NCR slipper is waiting to be installed.
Whatchoo doin with those old forks, mooner???

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
mooner,

Wow, I really like your set-up, fantastic.

I think that is the direction I'm looking to head. Winter project time, bring it on baby...:D

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
mooner,

How difficult was it to have the Zards installed / what was required?

I had the Top Gun Zards installed on my Hypermotard and needed the DP ECU and a PC-III - and naturally while they were at it, I had my shop install the cams as well...

·
Registered
666 Posts
mooner,

How difficult was it to have the Zards installed / what was required?

I had the Top Gun Zards installed on my Hypermotard and needed the DP ECU and a PC-III - and naturally while they were at it, I had my shop install the cams as well...

They are not too hard install, although the instructions could better(bigger pictures would help). I have the ECU from Termi 2-1 exhaust I had on. I also have a PCIII, but currently running a zero map until I can get the bike dyno tuned.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
They are not too hard install, although the instructions could better(bigger pictures would help). I have the ECU from Termi 2-1 exhaust I had on. I also have a PCIII, but currently running a zero map until I can get the bike dyno tuned.
I got ya, when I started out with the Zards, I was informed that they were plug and play – no special ECU needed.

Next thing I know, I was ordering the DP ECU and then the PC-III to put the icing on the cake. In the end, I absolutely love my Zards.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Didn't even try to use with standard ECU, since I already had the DP ECU, which among other things, raises the rev limit.

·
Registered
724 Posts
:eek: Dang Mooner,

I never get tired of looking at your bike bro.... That is one bad ass machine!

:::DROOL:::

·
Banned
2,916 Posts
@cu3rvo

same here, the quality of the new picture is bad though,
one can hardly see the great fork, please do another
picture for the addicted.

:cool:

·
Registered
724 Posts
Here you go Bro. I need to take better pics someday...:think:

Attachments

·
Banned
2,916 Posts
thank you both, i meant to ask for the fork pics,
but the yellow sport is nice of course too.

so Mooner, how does the FRG fork feel compared
to the Öhlins fork you had before ?

i am curious. :think:

·
Registered
724 Posts
Thanks Mooner, that was at Ducati Island in Daytona. I had to place that tag on my bike for the bike show and sound contest. For the judges.
I Left before the show judging...they kept pushing it back and I had a long ride back home. On the sound contest I did ended on the top 4 for the 2 valve contest... but a hypermotard with some wild ass pipes won..it did sound awesome too.:D

1 - 20 of 22 Posts