Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While I'm at it, on my '16 I'd like to hook up the android phone cable to the 2 wires for the GPS, the kicker is that the phone has 4 wires and the bike plug only has pos and neg.
Any word of wisdom if I may ask?
Thanks

·
Registered
580 Posts
I fitted a usb charger to my 999, simple (+ & - terminals) and very effective. I believe it has to be 5amp with in-line fuse, check if you do this.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
I fitted a usb charger to my 999, simple (+ & - terminals) and very effective. I believe it has to be 5amp with in-line fuse, check if you do this.
I like what you've done here.
For now I'm simply using an Optimate Cable O-47, Adapter, Ducati to SAE and an SAE to USB adapter to run a cable up front.
https://www.amazon.com/Tecmate-Opti...ds=ducati+sae&qid=1559503760&s=gateway&sr=8-1
https://www.amazon.com/Battery-Tend...3991&s=gateway&sprefix=sae+to+,aps,172&sr=8-5

However, I would much prefer a similar set-up as yours using the aux cable that is only powered when the bike is running.

·
Registered
3,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Simple enough, if I wire one of those to the GPS stubby connection of the bike it will be automatically powered as accessory, do you mind telling me where you got that waterproof unit?
Looking all over the net and can't find anything that simple.
Thanks!

·
Registered
3,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks, that should so the trick

Reactions: DarR

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Heck, I'm ordering one myself :)

·