Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
well, ecs dyno on stapley just south of broadway used to be the place to go. walter (the owner) is pretty damned good with these bikes but seems to have other irons in the fire right now and isn't doing as much of the tuning anymore. i'm not sure that i trust the new guy (jerry) yet.

i've also been to desert custom cycles on country club just south of main. they're mostly...errr, they ARE a harley shop but they've got dyno's tuning link software which takes all the guess work (read: operator error) out of setting up a custom map. he (dave, iirc) needs to work on one aspect of his ducati dyno technique which i was going to mention to him the next time i was down there. he needs to use the dyno break to reduce engine rpms instead of grabbing the clutch because our bikes often like to puke oil when using the latter method. if you go down there be sure to mention that if he hasn't changed his technique yet! ;)

·
Registered
58 Posts
Q has a shop in the same center as ECS dyno on Stapley in Gilbert, "Non-stock cycles". Phone no. 480 813 6633 I have not been there in a while but he used to specialize in CBR and VRF tuning. Check him out, he's a great guy and I like to support the little guy. As soon as I get my Power Commander I am going over to see him. Just found out the other day his wife works with a friend of mine.

If Q dosen't want to mess with Ducati, check out Eastside Performance 480 649 4440 (Mesa). He has some fun Vintage bikes on the floor. He has been around for a long time. The first time I went to his shop he was over on baseliine. That was back in 1989 or 1990 and he did a little performance tuning on my , wait for it, 1986 Honda vt1100c shadow. Did a pretty credible job too.. His address, he has been there for about 10 or so years, is 343 S. Davis st. Mesa.

If all else fails go to the big guy, North Valley Honda. He also sells Aprilia so he is familiar with big twin Italian bikes. The owner seems to be an absentee investor who bought the place to support his sons racing habit. Really I talked to him at the track one day and he seemed to be a very nice man. When I needed slicks for my motard he was able to fix me up the same day, very short wait while they mounted them.

·
Registered
372 Posts
q closed up the shop that he had by walters quite a while ago. i happened to run into him a few months ago and he said he opened or was going to open the shop back up in apache junction or somewhere way out east. cool guy but i can't vouch for any of his work and don't know anyone that has taken any ducs to him.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts