Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It is completely counterproductive to what we are trying to accomplish here, that being the building a thriving community of Ducati owners in St Louis, for anyone to make personal attacks against other members of this group as were made against Fred Hecker last night by Jeff Turner.

In this group calling someone "Ernie" is about the worst and most despicable thing you can say and those remarks about Fred were completely uncalled for and unacceptable.

Unfortunately, Ernie is still the moderator of this group so Gary and I cannot ban a member for such behavior. (We are working on getting that changed.)

We are trying to build a club. If you have a problem with another member you should keep it to yourself or quit the group.

Going forward I hope we will all treat each other with respect and value the skills and talents that each individual member brings to the group.

Chris Cochran

I would like to take a moment to thank Fred for all his work and effort he put into getting this club started and I truly hope he continues to be a active member of this group!!!!!!!!!

·
Gateway Moderator
107 Posts
Chris,

I am the forum moderator, not Ernie. He has not had any access beyond what any other members do here, so he's be able to post and start threads and the like.

Please let me know if you and Gary are trying to make any changes.

-Chris

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Yes Gary and I are in agreement (not that we are in positions of power, elections will be held via this forum later this week). Please ban Jeff Turner.

Thank you,

Chris

EDIT Aug. 26

Apologies are apparently in order. Perhaps I/we were too aggressive in our defense of Fred and attack of JT. I'm man enough to admit my mistake. I would just like to see this work out and see this club grow.

·
Registered
113 Posts
If I could suggest rather than an outright and immediate ban, could we give Jeff an chance to make ammends? If its possible. Fred? Jeff?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Gary contacted Jeff by phone and asked him to call Fred and work this out like men. Jeff told Gary to "fuck himself" and declined.

Going forward, if you don't have the balls to air your grievences to a members face (or on the phone) don't say it in the forum. Just my opinion.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Correction needed- attitude was, words were not as described.

Chris and I discussed the issue prior to Chris's post, we tried to get people talking to each other, but that did not work.

·
Registered
322 Posts
For the record.

Jeff Turner did not tell Gary anything like chris said. Jeff Turner likes most of the guys. And has a heck of a time riding with them. Also Jeff Turner does not lie................So please do not put words in his mouth. Looks to be some guys want to ride and some want a club and a few want both. The part about calling Fred= Ernie was not meant to be taken like this. The telling people what to do all the time "was" what I was trying to say..........Using Ernie was to strong I see. We all go to work everyday and also deal with are familys..........The bikes get us out to have fun...........I myself have been called by two riders today...................and they feel the same way. I left home at 18 and don't need phone calls at work and at 7am in the morning. With instructions of what I have to do..................:)

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sorry I only said/know what Gary told me.

You make several good points and none of us are without faults.

Lets move on.

Chris

·
Registered
307 Posts
Give it a rest!

Look. No one on here has the right to ban anyone. I talked to Jeff and Fred. JT is a good guy and so is Fred. JT was joking around. By no means was it meant to hurt anyones feelings. This is not middle school. We are all adults here. Not everyone is going to get along. So, deal with it. I don't want to see anyone go. If JT is banned, I will leave the club. If this is the way things are going to progress then I too will leave. Give it a rest. If someone told me to apologize for something I felt I didnt do I would tell them to fuck off. If anything, this is between JT and Fred.

Since Fred wants nothing to do with the club, I am willing to lead the group rides. Once my helmet is cinched down and my kickstand is up all my problems go away. Maybe some of you need to go to the garage and check out your duc and realize why we are all together.

*****THIS IS NOT A PERSONAL ATTACK ON ANYONE*******

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Rob,

The last thing this group needs is more people leaving. We need more people joining. If there was a rush to judgement or an over zealous defense of Fred. Sorry. If that facts weren't right, sorry about that too, I was only going by what Gary told me. Let's move on.

You serious about the rides? Great! This group needs someone to be in charge of riding every weekend (or most). That will be a huge help and go a long way toward keeping this group together.

Helmet on Visor Down...agreed

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.