Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All,

Will the Performance ECU from the Monster S2R 1000 Termi Kit work on a Sport Classic? The # is 96517406B

I called Ducati Dealer and they said as long as its the same engine it should be no problem with a DP ECU. What do you guys think??

Thanks

·
Registered
622 Posts
I'm not sure, but I think the ECU is also specific to the instruments. If the instruments are different then the ECU may not be compatible. I think this is what I heard/read somewhere. Anyone else care to chime in?

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
We are getting closer to eliminating the O'2 sensor with some really interesting developments today.

We actually have two people working on seperate iterations of this product.
I'm sure we will have it nailed very soon.

In the meantime however, I'll check with Todd at Bunbury Ducati on the S2R1000 ecu compatability - We did speak about this sometime ago but I dont recall the outcome.

I'll get back to you.

Greg.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Todd said that he has installed a PaulSmart DPecu to a 06/07? S2R1000 and every thing functioned as per normal.
He believes it should work the otherway around but cannot guarentee.

Greg.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys, it seems as though the Monster DP ECU's are going for cheaper on the bay

1 - 5 of 5 Posts