Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!

Performance Chip

1214 Views 2 Replies 2 Participants Last post by  ctk333
the 996 is the first FI bike that I have owned (been riding carb bikes for the past 5 years)... thus I have little knowledge of the FI components..

1) my bike has a full arrow exhaust system.. with this how does one adjust the air-fuel ratio with the stock ECU.

2) is it complusory to have either a performance chip/ PCIII once a full system has been installed?

3) where would a performance chip be located? still figuring out whether mine comes with a chip...
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Super Moderator
Joined
·
8,335 Posts
ctk333 said:
1) my bike has a full arrow exhaust system.. with this how does one adjust the air-fuel ratio with the stock ECU.
There is a screw on which to adjust it. I´m really not sure which one, but your dealer can help yopu with it. You´ll need a CO-level meter anyway..

ctk333 said:
2) is it complusory to have either a performance chip/ PCIII once a full system has been installed?
If you want all the benefits of your full exhaust, then Yes. Going with a chip or PC is a matter of taste, but i have both a DP-chip and a PCIIIusb
If i where to buy a chip or PC today, I´d go with a PCIIIusb only.

ctk333 said:
3) where would a performance chip be located? still figuring out whether mine comes with a chip...
The chip is located in the bike´s ECU. The ECU is under/behind your seat.
There is a sticker or ductape over a rubber cover on the ECU.

//amullo
 
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top