Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a brand new Penske rear shock for a 2006 1000 SS (Penske model #8983 w/ Hyperco 8x600 shock spring).

Will this shock fit other Supersport models and years, or other Ducati models?

I know it will NOT fit a 2006 SPORT (Classic) 1000.

Thanks!

·
Registered
421 Posts
I think you will find it fits all of the injected SuperSports ane will also fit the earlier carby ones but will steepen the head angle on the carby ones (which many consider to be a good thing) as the original fitment shock on these was 12mm shorter than the injected ones.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think you will find it fits all of the injected SuperSports ane will also fit the earlier carby ones but will steepen the head angle on the carby ones (which many consider to be a good thing) as the original fitment shock on these was 12mm shorter than the injected ones.

Thanks for the info!

The shock is for sale in the classifieds:

http://www.ducati.ms/forums/showthread.php?t=76578

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
The made-for-a 900 Ohlins I have on the rear of mine is extended about 12mm, and it makes a sig. improvement in steering. That said, if I ever measured the original and the Ohlins for length comparison, I don't remember what the difference is. So I can't definitively state the Ohlins at the shortest length is the same as the stoc shock.

·
Registered
322 Posts
the longer ssie shock really helps on a carby if you are running a 180 rear being that the 180 is smaller in diameter than the stock 170. with the longer shock you are bringing the ride heigth closer to the original.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts