Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Ducati sport classic, sliding sideways, under control....this I wanna see!:cool:

·
Registered
309 Posts
An even more aggressive version of the Sport 1000? Nice.

I anticipate the flat track fans will appreciate the sound of the bike ...

Oh God I hope he puts Zards on it.

·
Premium Member
1,176 Posts
Honestly, fo a varity of reasons I would have thought the Hyper-Motard would have made a better platfom than the SC. For just one example, with the SC the swingarm relies wholly on the engine cases for support, while with the HM the frame reinforces the swingarm mount. Also, I think the HM is narrower up top than the SC.

·
Premium Member
2,455 Posts
Sure, but using a HM for that purpose is just so obvious. This is a way cooler idea.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
they can lace up a 19" wheel much easier than building a 19" single sided wheel.

i've been wanting to build a street tracker from my extra ps frame, so i'm interested to see the tank they use.

·
Premium Member
1,176 Posts
they can lace up a 19" wheel much easier than building a 19" single sided wheel.
I would think they could just use an arm off a 999, or else fabricate a dual-sided arm (since the article mentioned they were going to modify it anyway to make it shorter).

·
Banned
2,916 Posts
these are the bikes, aprilia and ducati dirt tracker:

·
Banned
2,916 Posts
geat build, i like it. :cool:

·
Registered
300 Posts
Does anyone have any other pictures and specifications on the bike? TY!

·
Premium Member
8,727 Posts
Flat tracking a Duc? Now this is something I would love to see. I used to go to the San Jose Mile, Sacramento Mile, back in the day. No more mile in Sacto, I don't know about San Jose. I think its great racing.

BTW, Pegram took 15th at the Springfield Mile. In the TT event he apparently crashed out.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
here is another pic

Attachments

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

·
Banned