Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did anyone else see this from the Pro-Italia email? I can't wait to see this bike!

http://sideburnmag.blogspot.com/2009/05/ducati-to-race-springfield.html

Flat Track Ducati
Speaking of Memorial Day, know this: Larry Pegram will be Flat Tracking a SportClassic in Springfield this weekend. From the press release: "Larry Pegram will be returning to the flat track series at Springfield riding a special prepared Ducati 1000cc built by Lloyd Brothers and Team Pegram. Pegram has won two AMA Pro Grand National Flat Track events riding Hondas and one on the dominant XR750. We are taking the Ducati Sport 1000cc as a our base line," said Pegram. "After measuring it up, we found the chassis to be fairly close so we are sticking with a stock chassis. About the only thing we are changing is the steering head angle and shortening the swingarm. Pegram will be testing over the next couple weeks preparing for the Ducati debut at Springfield on May 24th."

·
Registered
557 Posts
Ok, I am a little confused here. I am sitting here watching the Springfield race right now. Is the speed channel doing the delay air on all AMA racing in the US? I have never seen flat track racing, and I am actually kind of getting into it. The Harley's seem to runing away with things, but it's good to see that there are 7 different manufacturers involved.

·
Registered
144 Posts
dirttrack racing is some of the best bar banging racing next to supercross. The singles(450) class is even better!!! it's a shame speed only show's a few races each year. Go to an AMA round in person!! you won't be disappointed!

The ducati had some monster pull down the straight, it would have been nice to see it up front. either way it was a great start and hopefully will open the door for more bikes.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts