Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am wondering if my body positioning (mostly legs) is incorrect.

I have been having a hard time getting situated on my 03 999. Seems that I end up leaning on the bars quite a bit which is affecting the rest of my riding from braking to turning. I prefer to ride with the ball of my foot on the peg, and when positioned as such my knees are so low they hit the side panels (which I am sure looks as funny as it feels). If I ride with my heel on the peg then things fit a bit better. The rear sets are set in the lower middle position. So I moved the rearsets to the top front position and placed the ball of my foot on the peg - what a change - knees are now on the tank!

So here is my question (took long enough) - I am over 6'1 with long legs - what am I doing wrong that I am in in the upper most forward position with the pegs. How do you guys ride - heel on peg or ball of foot on peg? I have had problems at the track with my boots dragging - hence why I ride with the ball of my foot on the pegs. Even as such I am all the way back on my R6's rearset adjustments - on the 999 I am all the way forward. Where do you have your pegs adjusted?

Thanks for all the help!

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
blurry - my $0.02 on your questions:

--- I am over 6'1 with long legs - what am I doing wrong that I am in in the upper most forward position with the pegs?

I don't think there is anything wrong, adjust it to where you think is best.

--- How do you guys ride - heel on peg or ball of foot on peg?

The position of my feet alternates between using the middle and the balls of my feet. When I lean the bike over, I "tuck" my foot in, and thus use the balls of my feet and then later, "untuck" it... If I were to ride constantly on the balls of my feet, this is very discomforting as after long rides, or latter sessions on track days, my legs will go numb from staying purely only on the balls of my feet... thus I alternate, and "tuck in" only when on the curves.

--- Where do you have your pegs adjusted?

For the street, I have it on the lowest/most forward. For Track Days, I have it on highest, most rear.

If you think you are placing too much weight on the bars, perhaps changing the angle of your bars will help, as it did for me ... I find the angle of the bars on the Duc Superbike to angled too much towards the downside so that much of your weight is forward... perhaps the answer is not in the footpegs, but in the handlebars... I changed mine and am quite happy with it. (I wrote a review on the FBF bars HERE.

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
wow that is a great writeup! I'll have to watch the pressure on my hand that you mentioned!

How tall are you? Just wondering for the peg placement.

thanks!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts