Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have either of these on their SF848 yet?

Any feedback or reviews?

I see that neither brand has a timing retard eliminator for the Streetfighter. I wanted to adjust the redline.

I reach the redline of 10500rpm way too quickly on my SF. I am new to the twin engine. Maybe that's just something I have to get used to. Just when I'm just about to get into a sweet wheelie....the damn redline hits and back down the front wheel goes. I'm not a hooligan in my riding, by and means....but damn, I do enjoy an occasional wheelie off the crest of a hill every now and again.

:cool:

·
Temporary greeter
23,076 Posts

Any feedback or reviews?

I see that neither brand has a timing retard eliminator for the Streetfighter. I wanted to adjust the redline.

I reach the redline of 10500rpm way too quickly on my SF. I am new to the twin engine. Maybe that's just something I have to get used to. Just when I'm just about to get into a sweet wheelie....the damn redline hits and back down the front wheel goes. I'm not a hooligan in my riding, by and means....but damn, I do enjoy an occasional wheelie off the crest of a hill every now and again.

I can't help on the PCV or Bazzaz, but PLEASE do not adjust the redline higher. Didn't we talk about this already?? :think:

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I can't help on the PCV or Bazzaz, but PLEASE do not adjust the redline higher. Didn't we talk about this already?? :think:
I don't recall...but I will look back on my posts.

Sorry, dad :rolleyes:

·
Registered
36 Posts
I just dropped off my bike to Bazzaz this morning. They will be working on a unit for our bikes and hopefully I'll get my bike back within a week or two.

I also feel the revs end too quickly. First few times I thought the rev limiter was 12k, but the fun always ends before that. I feel 8k is when the fun begins, but then it ends shortly after.

I'm serious, my r6 felt faster :( This is my first Ducati and I can't say I'm really that pleased with it...I hope it grows on me more because buyers remorse sucks :p

·
Registered
81 Posts
PC5 is working great for me. But then there is no replacement for displacement.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Registered
223 Posts
didn't you fit the 14 T Sprocket.. if so.. that's why it revs easier..

On the wheelie, set your TC on 3 or lower, otherwise it might kick and drop the front easily..

·
Registered
10 Posts
I just dropped off my bike to Bazzaz this morning. They will be working on a unit for our bikes and hopefully I'll get my bike back within a week or two.

I also feel the revs end too quickly. First few times I thought the rev limiter was 12k, but the fun always ends before that. I feel 8k is when the fun begins, but then it ends shortly after.

I'm serious, my r6 felt faster :( This is my first Ducati and I can't say I'm really that pleased with it...I hope it grows on me more because buyers remorse sucks :p
Thank you so very much. Stay tuned for this update !

·
Registered
62 Posts
We just had another one in here to develop the US stock map. As you can see from the dyno graph the power is dropping off pretty hard so there is not much benefit of increasing the rev limit.

Attachments

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
No one is having this issue with the SFS, right? Just wanted to ask that question before I start getting my sights set on trading up.

I struggled this weekend to keep up with a buddy of mine who I know I am faster than. We were blasting through a few sections of twisties in which I am quite familiar. On my 07 R1 or either of my CBR1000RRs, I could easily stay in 3rd and run through those sections with some throttle to spare. On the SF848, I constantly found myself bogging at redline trying to keep up with my buddy, but then if I snicked it up and took the next set of turns in 4th, I felt like I was lugging the engine in that gear. Seems like the ideal scenario would be to enter in 3, then skick it up to 4 midturn. That is NOT something I like to do. To say the least, I was very frustrated and may have ran to the dealer to test a SFS if it hadn't been Sunday.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sounds to me like there's going to be some low k 848's back at dealerships that have been traded in on there big brother.;)
Yup!

One of the things that I love, though, is that every accessory that I bought for the SF848 fits the SFS. Just remove it from the 848 and slap it right on the SFS.

·
Premium Member
2,097 Posts
No one is having this issue with the SFS, right? Just wanted to ask that question before I start getting my sights set on trading up.

I struggled this weekend to keep up with a buddy of mine who I know I am faster than. We were blasting through a few sections of twisties in which I am quite familiar. On my 07 R1 or either of my CBR1000RRs, I could easily stay in 3rd and run through those sections with some throttle to spare. On the SF848, I constantly found myself bogging at redline trying to keep up with my buddy, but then if I snicked it up and took the next set of turns in 4th, I felt like I was lugging the engine in that gear. Seems like the ideal scenario would be to enter in 3, then skick it up to 4 midturn. That is NOT something I like to do. To say the least, I was very frustrated and may have ran to the dealer to test a SFS if it hadn't been Sunday.
It could be that for the particular road you guys are on, the ideal speeds are right in between 3rd and 4th for the SF. If you put on the 14t it will get you into 4th a little sooner and stronger. The 1098sf doesn't have any torque issues, but then not many liter bikes do. So you guys are running at speeds 80-120? Though your sf is fast, its still a twin which is about good usuable torque. Im not sure anyone is expecting an 848 to hang with a cbr1000. Gearing for that particular road would be important if you want to hang with liter bikes.

·
Registered
148 Posts

Get a SFS :p

·
Registered
3 Posts

Any feedback or reviews?

I dropped my SF848 off at Dynojet last week, here's shot of power curve before and after the install of the PCV and the O2 optimizer.

Attachments

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
It could be that for the particular road you guys are on, the ideal speeds are right in between 3rd and 4th for the SF. If you put on the 14t it will get you into 4th a little sooner and stronger. The 1098sf doesn't have any torque issues, but then not many liter bikes do. So you guys are running at speeds 80-120? Though your sf is fast, its still a twin which is about good usuable torque. Im not sure anyone is expecting an 848 to hang with a cbr1000. Gearing for that particular road would be important if you want to hang with liter bikes.
Installed the 14T a couple weeks ago. Maybe that's the problem.

The trickle charger still won't plug in ;)
Damn you!

Get a SFS :p
Trust me...I am considering it.

I dropped my SF848 off at Dynojet last week, here's shot of power curve before and after the install of the PCV and the O2 optimizer.
Hardly seems worth the money...

·
Registered
36 Posts
wow, I was expecting/hoping the bottom end would pick up more being that the stock tune isn't great especially at the bottom end (maybe due to emissions tests)? I would imagine under 5k rpm has significant improvements...maybe tq curve looks better. Do you have tq graph available?

Looks like it didn't change much at all except for top end...which I assume picked up little because you are tuned for the slip on. I agree, based off that graph, I wouldn't spend money on a PC/Bazzaz.

I was excited about my bike being at Bazzaz getting a z-fi, but now I'm not that excited anymore :p

Thanks for sharing the graph though. How does the bike feel?

-Ray

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Sooooo, ummmm, anybody out there wanna buy a SF848?

:rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts