Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi everyone

My SFS (1099) has a full Termi system with DP ECU and DNA filter. I also installed PCV and Autotune. I am still somehow experiencing a lot of power/torque lag below 5500 rpm

If anyone has a similar setup, do you mind sending me your PCV map for testing?

My email address is [email protected].

Thanks a lot

Michael

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,384 Posts
That's because the DP ECU still uses the O2 sensors from idle to 5500rpm. You need to have the ECU reflashed to disable this. Then the Power Commander can auto tune the entire rev range. Now it's only tuning from 5500rpm to red line.

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
That pretty much sums it up right there. I got my ECU reflashed through Redline Motorsports through a Rexxer equipped shop here in NYC. You could also ship your ECU to them.

·
1,766 Posts
I run PCV with AutoTune and Redline flashed ECU. The motor runs smooth. It still gets jerky below 4K RPM. But I can cruise it at 4K+ and it is quite fun.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I run PCV with AutoTune and Redline flashed ECU. The motor runs smooth. It still gets jerky below 4K RPM. But I can cruise it at 4K+ and it is quite fun.

What are your target AFR, ignition table and fuel table like? May I have a copy of the map so that I can study it? I have a Redline flashed ECU but not with me this weekend at the track

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's because the DP ECU still uses the O2 sensors from idle to 5500rpm. You need to have the ECU reflashed to disable this. Then the Power Commander can auto tune the entire rev range. Now it's only tuning from 5500rpm to red line.

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Tapatalk

According to PowerCommander website, I need a dynojet O2 optimiser to tune the close loop

Anyone mind sharing your fuel map with me? I would like to see the ignition and AFR values for reference. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Bon Vivant
11,303 Posts
According to PowerCommander website, I need a dynojet O2 optimiser to tune the close loop

Anyone mind sharing your fuel map with me? I would like to see the ignition and AFR values for reference. Thanks
unfortunately that optimizer does not allow tuning below 5200 RPM, all it does it try to trick the onboard adjustments but it has not proven to be effective because each time the optimizer makes an adjustment the ECU adjusts it right back. The only positive way to do this is to change the ECU to fully open loop via a reflash that checks that box.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
OK, now I have the Redline moded ECU installed. After resetting both ECU and PCV's TPS and playing with the air screw of the throttle body, the engine now idles at between 1350RPM-1600RPM.
I have all the PCV's tune-able cell (except the 0% column, and 0-1500 RPM range) target AFR set to 13.0. (screen capture attached)

I have three questions here:

1. Is 13.0 a good value to use?

2. Is the ignition timing tune-able with PCV/AutoTune for SF? I am using PCV/WideBand2 (an Autotune replacement) for my KTM RC390 and the ignition timing table is available for tuning, somehow it doesn't show on my Dynojet software programme

3. If ignition timing for SF is tun-able, what timing values do you use on the PCV autotune cell table?

It will be great if someone can send me a screen capture of the Fuel table, APR table or better yet, the PCV map file for comparison. Thanks

M

Attachments

·
Registered
147 Posts
Two things

That tail looks great who makes it ?
And I had a local well respected tuner build a custom map for my SF that he flashed the stock ECU.
I'm told by him that he can flash someone's ECU with my map for a small fee.
Steve Saucier at ECS in NY. The bike at the time was a 1098S with more open air intakes, MWR foam filters and the same Termie slip ons.

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts