Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you install a Power Commander V on a 2008 1100 with a stock ECU can you use the Autotune?

If you replace the stock O2 sensor with the wideband sensor from the Autotune kit will it work?

Or do you need a reflash or DP ecu to disable the O2 sensors before you can use the Autotune?

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Didn't know u could put a pcv in a 08 model only the pcIII . Call dynojet !! They will give u all the right answers and not everyone's opinion on here . +1 (702) 399-1423

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have seen posts from multiple people successfully using the PCV on 2008 models.

I thought maybe someone has used the Autotune on a stock ECU, or knows if it is compatible with the stock O2.

Dynojet doesn't even update their website, thought I would solicit opinions.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Per Dynojet:

You will have to add an additional bung for the wideband O2 and the Autotune will only adjust the open loop region of operation.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Per Dynojet:

If you have DP ECU or Reflash that eliminates O2 sensor the Autotune will work in all RPM and throttle position ranges.

This has probably been explored, but I couldn't find a specific answer.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Your best route is :
1/ Reflashed ECU to delete that closed loop
2/ Custom map on a dyno.

From what a friend doing dyno (and other) maps told me, the autotune is a good solution if you dont have a dyno around. But it will never match what you can get from a custom map.
Mostly because the autotune learns from your riding, but you (at least me) dont go that often full throtle and all the way to the redline on the road.
Plus you need an extra hole in you headers.

For the price of the autotune, I would consider a run on a dyno.

Now, for the price of a reflash + PCV + dyno/autotune, I would seriously consider a Microtec. Plus and play.

·
Premium Member
423 Posts
So many opinions of the autotune and the bazazz equivalent, unfortunately/fortunately I have not tried either and haven't been forced to. 1. 2008 will take the PCV, dyno jet website is archaic. 2. Open loop via a flash or dp ecu is required, that much I know. 3. Read considerably that it works best if there is a dyno'd map already set for its baseline. Something about adjusting around a known point rather than an arbitrary one. The maps that you can download or have flashed being arbitrary in this example because the data used to make them has been gathered from bikes that are similar to yours, but not exact. This makes sense to me, and I think would be the best case scenario. Say you wanted to travel or you lived where there is significant variation in altitude, something like that.. The autotune should be able to adjust for this and keep close to the best map set in it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts