Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey all...

I'm picking up my (new to me) 02 748 tomorrow. It has an akropovic exhaust and PCIII on it, but I'm not sure what map it's running.

The previous owner did not have it professionally tuned, and doesn't know what map was installed. Does anyone have a map that was designed for that config? I'm going to have it dyno-tuned at some point, but I want to have at least a base line map in it for now.

I checked the dynojet site and there wasn't anything listed for my exact config, but there were a lot of lisitings for "European" model bikes. I have no idea what the differences are between a European model and an American model, so I'm not sure if I should even use one that is set up for a Termi setup.

Any advice or maps would be appreciated.

Thanx.... Skullz

·
Registered
372 Posts
even if you find a map for your set up, it may not work well on your particular bike in your particular environment. generic maps are hit and miss so just download all of the ones for similar set ups and see which one works best until you can get it custom tuned.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Dont use anything that says euro. it will not run right. I wouldnt even worry about a base map just go get it dyno tuned. Every bike is different and every map is different there are to many variables to mess with, thats why its best to get a custom one done

·
Registered
2 Posts
Might want to consider a dynojet wide band commander. Let's you dial in at all throttle positions and rpm. It's a pretty slick combo with the dj power commander.

I optimized using one on my Honda VFR and should have a map for my stock '05 999 in a couple weeks. If anyone is interested, I would be willing to post it or email the actual dj file when done.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts