Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Looking to put a set of long dog leg levers on the bike as I have nothing better to do at the moment - still waiting on some wavey rotors to finish my front end off and put my wheel odyssey to bed, mumble, gripe, mumble - sorry I digress...

Anyway, looking for thoughts and opinions on levers, feel, function, form etc.

Not sure I like Pazzos with that stripy look they seem to have (also hear they are a bastid to fit) and I am leaning more towards CRG's at the moment. Silver with a gold adjuster is what I am thinking given I have gone mostly polished alloy everywhere to date.

Edit: Seems the CRG's only come in grey with a red adjuster so Pazzos it may have to be, anyone got a piccy of silver ones fitted?

JC

·
Registered
275 Posts
I've got Pazzos on my '08 BMW K1200S and ASVs on my '08 1098S. I really like 'em both but the ASVs on the Ducati are incrementally more fine tunable.

No experince with CRG or DP.......I'm sure both of these are also high quality products.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have the ASV unbreakable brake lever. Looks much more appropriate to the bike than the pazzo's imho. The lever position adjuster works wonderfully and is easy to use on the fly. Installation is a snap. I have aluminum with black adjuster. I'll try and get a pick this evening.

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks very much guys, think I will run with the Pazzos (silver / long / gold adjuster) - the ASV's look very good indeed but at almost 50% extra cost it may be a tad hard to justify.

Cheers,
JC

·
Registered
737 Posts
Probably a good idea... A bunch of guys over here are having 'rust' issues with the ASV's on PSB. Apparently they are getting the run around... lots of emails and no answers. :confused:

·
Registered
296 Posts
Whatever you do, make sure you have a full length left side lever if your bike has a dry clutch!! The guy I got my Mono from had put CRG shorties on it and DAMN would that thing wear you out. I have since replaced both master cylinders with Brembo RCS (love their lever shape) and the clutch is so much easier to modulate...

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
Probably a good idea... A bunch of guys over here are having 'rust' issues with the ASV's on PSB. Apparently they are getting the run around... lots of emails and no answers. :confused:
indeedy aftersales services has been pooh !!!

Whatever you do, make sure you have a full length left side lever if your bike has a dry clutch!! The guy I got my Mono from had put CRG shorties on it and DAMN would that thing wear you out. I have since replaced both master cylinders with Brembo RCS (love their lever shape) and the clutch is so much easier to modulate...
a aftermarket slave cylinder would have fixed that :)

·
Registered
296 Posts
a aftermarket slave cylinder would have fixed that :)
Not entirely. I had already been running on Oberon slave cylinder for almost a year, and the clutch was still stupid stiff. Now it is super sweet thanks to the 16x18 master cylinder.

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Bike has a wet clutch and a vee two slave cylinder but I am not keen on shorty levers anyway.

OK, that really narrows it down to the Pazzos - thanks for the heads up!

·
Registered
140 Posts
I've got Pazzo's - very happy with them. Good value for money as far as I'm concerned.

I got the long clutch lever and a shorty brake lever (I like the shorter brake lever and agree that the longer lever for the clutch helps with leverage).

Be a bit careful fitting the clutch lever. I managed to damage the pin which actuates the master cylinder as I didn't read the instructions properly and tried to remove it without loosening the grub screw. I know others have made the same mistake.

Cheers,

Brett

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Just ordered some Pazzo's in gold for my PS.
Long ones. didn't dare to order the short ones 'cause I always ride with all my fingers on them.
Did I do wrong ?

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
I had CRGs in black and they turned purple over time so I don't recommend that color but you should be fine with silver. Not sure what's the difference with the Pazzos aside from color combo...

I had a regular clutch and a shorty brake, but I have bigger calipers. I don't recommend shorty levers if you have stock brakes either.

these are all gone now as I went with the brembo radial RCS masters... pure beauty.

·
Banned
95 Posts
I have the Pazzo's on my Guzzi. I'm sure that all the brands are close in performance... I think I bought Pazzo because of price at the time. I went with the shorts so not to interfere with my Napolean bar end mirrors. Even with the dry clutch I still have ability to pull in the lever with 2 fingers without trouble....

·
Registered
296 Posts
I went with the brembo radial RCS masters... pure beauty.
YES!! I am running these masters as well (with 4p4p calipers from a 999) and DAMN are they some stupid strong brakes. :D

·
Premium Member
684 Posts
love my Pazzos

have Pazzos on both my Ducatis... they were easy to install, work great, and I love the look and feel... the way my middle finger just fits over the bend and also resting my index fingers over the round holes... couldn't be happier with them..:)

·
Premium Member
2,887 Posts
have Pazzos on both my Ducatis... they were easy to install, work great, and I love the look and feel... the way my middle finger just fits over the bend and also resting my index fingers over the round holes... couldn't be happier with them..:)
You guys are really bad about posting good pictures of these wonderful products you speak so highly of (hint, hint ;) ).

It always helps us newbs in figuring out what we want ta do :D

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hi there,
I have just bought CRG as I liked the options (black with gold adjuster) better than what Pazzo had to offer.
You might like to check out TITAX levers as well. had them on my last bike and after 2 years remained colour fast and looked the business. Around the same price as the others.

·
Premium Member
684 Posts
pic

OK here is a pic

Attachments

1 - 20 of 40 Posts