Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quick question for you all...for the people that have Pazzo Levers (or know about them) - did you get the standard or the shorties?

I want to get the shorties (as I had them on my GSXR) and I use 2 fingers to clutch and brake, but I was wondering if the shorties are too short for the type of set-up on the Hyper. With the Hyper set-up and with shorties do they extend long enough.

Pazzo sells both standard and short but I don't want to get stuck having to make an exchange.

Bottom line question...are the shorties functional on Hypers or should I get the standard.

Thanks -

·
Registered
37 Posts
New owner here, so please don't flame me...in doing research I thought I had read that the Pazzo levers don't work with the Hyper. Was this old news? Do they have levers that work for the Hyper now?

·
Registered
346 Posts
ASV Inventions levers

Not to hi-jack the thread, but has anyone tried the ASV C/5 Sport series
levers? They have a shorty as well. I've used ASV's on my dirtbikes and
liked them. They have the unbreakable bend-back feature and a (ooh-aah)
ball-bearing pivot. The Hyper is not on their application chart (it's old), but
the levers for the 1098 and 999 (BRC-550S & CRC-550S) should fit. Not
cheap though-- discounted they are around $110 each.

http://asvinventions.com/levers_order/C5_Sport/

·
Premium Member
0 Posts
IIRC, Pazzo is the only company that makes levers specifically for the Hyper, and they are NOT the same as the 1098/999.

I believe you can modify the 1098 lever to work - if you know what you're doing...

·
Registered
323 Posts
Here are mine I just put on. works great with the handguard as well. The only difference is the brake lever, cuz the brake just has a plunger stuck in the rubber boot, unlike the clutch side which is more adjustable but no biggy.

Attachments

·
Registered
346 Posts
IIRC, Pazzo is the only company that makes levers specifically for the Hyper, and they are NOT the same as the 1098/999.

I believe you can modify the 1098 lever to work - if you know what you're doing...
That's what I was hoping to find out for sure (no reply from the Customer
Support people at ASV yet). I noticed with CRG 'Roll-A-Click' levers, they do
list the same part number for both the Hyper and the 1098/999/848 in their
application chart. Hmmmm....

So what is it that makes the HM application unique? Other than clearance
to the handguards, of course. I would think that Brembo radial pump would
be pretty common in the industry.

·
Premium Member
0 Posts
It has something to do with the pin in the brake lever, I can't remember exactly what, BUT...

I noticed that CRG does indeed have a new-for-2009 part number for the Hypermotard brake side. So you can, in fact, get CRG's for the Hyper, in both long and short versions.

Took 'em long enough! But there you go... ;)

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
pazzos

go for the shorties!they fit well with the handguards with some minor adj,and once you get used to them you will love em.i run em without hanguards but either way they are the best choice and good quality.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts