Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just finished installing Pazzo Levers on my 2007 ST3.

This board rocks! I guess I didn't do enough research before the install. The brake was a breeze but once I got to the clutch I discovered that the plunger WAS GLUED ON! I didn't realize this...thanks to the following post I was able to resolve the issue and finish the install.

http://www.ducati.ms/forums/showthread.php?t=46189&highlight=clutch+plunger[

Thanks!

Now for my suspension upgrade from NCRick! I get my Penske 8983 rear shock and the Race Tech Gold Value Kit with new Spring for the front end on Wednesday....Woo Hoo!

Here are some pictures of before and after on the Pazzo's...I love the black handles with red adjusters.

PS: The levers are pretty much the same price everywhere. I bought them from Tim at www.pashnit.com. I got them within 5 business days after ordering. Great service!

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I could do it that fast now! :)

Small world.
It was +5degree C today and I put mine on, 10 minutes.
Great product!
I'm a real spaz at this stuff so I move VERY SLOWLY and think about what I'm doing. The first time is agonizingly slow.

NOW I could do it in 10 minutes!

PS: You don't want to know the temperature here today! :cool:

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
damn, I just went through the same thing and I think I stripped the little 1.5mm stud :( I had an extra set of levers so I used the barrel and pin from that one which was not glued in.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
hey marty, how do you get the dam glue out???help before i go postal!
I used a metal pick. I dont know if it's epoxy or hotglue, you might try heating it up first to see if it oozes out.

I read in the other thread that folks think the little 1.5mm stud is thread locked in. take your time or you may round it like I did.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
My solution....

The 1.5mm screw was locked in and it took alot of patience to get it out without stripping.

It's about as low tech as you can get, but I just heated up the end of the plunger that had the glue on it with a lighter to get the glue soft. I had a pair of vice-grip pliers on the plunger and it eventually unscrewed once the glue got soft.

I had used my calipers to get the correct measurement on the plunger length to duplicate it on the Pazzo lever.

Everything worked out....it was just more of a PIA than I had anticipated because I didn't know about the freakin glue on the plunger before I took the lever off.

·
Registered
9 Posts
reviving an old thread here, but just thought I'd throw in my 2 cents...

definitely heat the parts up before even trying to rotate the set screw. I tried a few times to no avail. Also, make sure you heat them long/hot enough to melt the goo. I poped mine in the oven for 5 mins on 400 and it didn't do anything. Left it in for 20 (until little puffs of smoke were coming off the lever) and then tried; came loose without any trouble. You don't need to apply much pressure to get it loose, so if you are battling with the screw, heat it up a bit longer and try again.

Also, make sure not to reinstall it upside down ;) The part with the paddle sticking out goes down.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts