Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any experience with the Paulimoto clutch spring spyder. One seller says "The Spyder Spring Retainer adds further functionality and beauty to Ducati's dry clutch. The unique design replaces the six separate retainers into one beautiful billet aluminum item. The design maintains a better parallelism between clutch plates and pressure plate resulting in more positive clutch engagement and a quicker response. Machined from aerospace grade (6061-T6) billet aluminum." Seems like a decent design idea, but I'm wondering if you'd really be able to notice the difference. Also on a related issue, do billet pressure plates perform any better, due to greater stiffness?

·
Registered
38 Posts
When I rebuilt my clutch last year I used a Paulimoto spyder retainer and pressure plate with stainless springs and a Barnett clutch basket. It all looks great and functions well. Do I notice a difference from the stock set up? You bet! But then the stock basket was so grooved that anything would be an improvement. The spyder retainer looks good and I've got to imagine it provides more even spring compression than regular spring cups. Do I have any data to support that. Naw.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts