Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went for a ride this past Monday and stopped by a shop here in Florida, I saw sitting in the showroom a drop dead gorgeous Blue/ Green Paul Smart for sale, I was almost tempted. I know it is collectible as hell but I cant spend that kind of money on a (for me ) just a toy, plus I am not a serious Ducati collector. I do not own this bike nor do I receive any compensation if he sells it. send me a private message if it twists your cork & I'll tell you who to call--But Damn it was pretty

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
From reading your posts over the last few months, I had been surprised that the Paul Smart wasn't your first Ducati. You've dug deep into the classic BMW's and have some very high standards for your projects.

I don't think you would regret owning that one at all ever as Pierre Terblanche put a lot of history and soul into that updated design of a 1972 race winner....

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's a very interesting bike, but for some reason I dont think I would be happy with it--just too new, I'm more into the older stuff, --Now an old 78 Mike Hailwood 900 That would temp me where I could not sleep lol--I had a chance to buy one of those many years ago ( late 80's) for if I remember around $2500.00. I should have

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was at The IOMTT in 1978, I got to talk to Mike for a while he was a really nice guy, I got his autograph on a card -and that card is in the front of my copy of "The Art Of Motorcycle Racing" by Mike Hailwood

1 - 4 of 4 Posts