Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to try a 14T up front and +3 on the back, has anyone tried that combo?

Also will it effect the speedo accuracy?

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry for the novice question, but is the chain size 525 on the sport classics? Just checking as I just want to make sure I buy the right aftermarket sprockets.

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
525 is stock... and you can search "chain" in this forum and find topics that give loads of info on the 525 vs 520 conversion for the sport classics.
And that conversion is popular enough that you want to check on that before you order. If you bought your bike used, the P.O. could have changed to a 520.

And, 14/42 is a large change from stock. I went 14/41 and was very happy with it on my GT, but I live in the mountains and wouldn't have gone as far if I did a lot of freeway travel. If I were you, especially living in SoCal, I'd try 14/39 or (preferably) 15/42 first. You might be satisfied with that much change.

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
I've got 14/42 on my GT and it is perfect for me. Living on a tiny overcrowded island, this is the only gearing that makes the bike useable and almost tolerable at lower speeds.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts