Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just to save you some time, I was told by ColorRite that they cannot produce the Paul Smart colors. I have used them before for touch up paint for my Monster and they have excellent product. This one, however, is a no go.
JC at Pak Cycles helped me with a rattle can of the green that I used on some fork guards and it was spot-on perfect. He says he is working on touch up bottles as well and I hope to get the silver to work on a small scratch. In the meantime if I find an alternative automotive color that is close I will post. If any of you has found a silver that works, let me know.
Thanks

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Glad it worked out with the Green.
I saw a silver 2004 ferrari the other day and the silver was spot on near the PS.
The color was right and the flake size was very close.
I did not have my PS with me that day so I could not compare it side by side.
Imagine trying to find the Ferrari color... I'll bet it's as hard as getting the PS Silver. Anyway they are both Italian so I am not surprised they come close

Also
not sure if you were the one that mentioned it to me but a Honda silver was supposed to be close as well.
I can't imagine that a silver touch up off the shelf will be too difficult to find for small touch ups.
For larger damage or scratches I would send it to Tony Markus in LA. He did my front fender and resprayed the Imola Seat. I am confident now he has the Silver color and flake size down perfectly

I'll let you know if and when the Silver touch up is made.
I'll begin working on it next week

JC
Just to save you some time, I was told by ColorRite that they cannot produce the Paul Smart colors. I have used them before for touch up paint for my Monster and they have excellent product. This one, however, is a no go.
JC at Pak Cycles helped me with a rattle can of the green that I used on some fork guards and it was spot-on perfect. He says he is working on touch up bottles as well and I hope to get the silver to work on a small scratch. In the meantime if I find an alternative automotive color that is close I will post. If any of you has found a silver that works, let me know.
Thanks

·
Registered
108 Posts
Try Sikkens...

·
Registered
47 Posts
Touched up some scratches on my lowers.

I stopped at an Autozone the other day and picked up a Dupli-Color Scratch Fix 2in1 touch up bottle. It is VW 02039 Reflex Silver Met. LA7W Volkswagen. I touched up some scratches toward the bottom of my PS lower fairings and it matched very well in my opinion.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts