Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have taken apart the fairing mounted mirrors and made some rubber spacers to hold the mirrors more forward when the springs pull them to the neutral position. Now I have enough adjustment to get a really good rear view.

·
Registered
670 Posts
SScowboy said:
I have taken apart the fairing mounted mirrors and made some rubber spacers to hold the mirrors more forward when the springs pull them to the neutral position. Now I have enough adjustment to get a really good rear view.

Old topic, but have images of this mod?

·
Registered
300 Posts
What? You don't like to look at your elbows? I tilt mine up so that I can see myself while riding and thinking all the Rossi thoughts. :D
However I would appreciate images of the mod.
Thanks.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
I was just thinking this weekend that I should make some spacers to move the mirrors further out but would love to see your mod. . . . .photos please?! Any plans to make them for other people?
Cheers

·
Registered
30 Posts
If anyone has pics and info on this mirror mod for the PS, please post. I would like to use my mirrors without looking at my elbows.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I can't take pics right now because I am working out of the state for awhile longer.

This is what you can do to copy my mod.

Determine how far forward you want the mirrors to be. Have someone hold the bike upright while you sit and fiddle fart around with the mirrors. Simply push them forward and wedge a piece of rubber or whatever under the rear edge of the base until you have them where you like.

Measure the gap you just created.

Remove the mirror and make a template of the shape of the base. You will only be adding a wedge to the rear area to hold it forward.

Find any material that you can cut with good sharp sissors and cut out to the shape of the template you made. I used a rubber mouse pad and it was the correct thickness.

Place the wedge under the mirror base and verify your results.

Glue the wedge in place with a bit of RTV. RTV is easily pealed off later and won't damage the paint. You could also use some double sided tape.

The key here is to shove something under the mirror base to hold if forward and use your imagination to make it look nice and stay in place.

I am sure you all are capable of duplicating this as well if not better than me.

Bottom line, it worked out great for me to make the mirrors more functional and it was easy, free and removable.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Thanks for the details SScowboy.
Will give it a go this weekend!

·
Registered
89 Posts
wow, that seems pretty simple. I typically only like the expensive, complicated mods! This should be a nice change of pace.

Thanks!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts