Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeh, the funny thing is I did not know it was right there till my buddy pointed at my rear set some 50kms later.
:p

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Wild. The fact that you have pics is amazing. Its all good as long as he didn't scratch your paint! :eek::D

·
Registered
92 Posts
You're lucky it was so small. One trip back from Bathurst I hit a galah (size of a large parrot, and very dumb). Bloody bird wedged itself between the fairing and the front brake lever! Pulled up more quickly than usual, fortunately without front wheel lock up :eek:
In north Queensland we have aptly named 'elephant beetles' one of them on the forehead when riding with an open face helmet, and you feel like you've been shot with a .303...

Ah, the joys of motorcycling;)

·
Registered
268 Posts
Ha ha... yep... I also know that feeling :(

Riding last weekend I collided with a Western Rosella (also reasonably large bird) at about approx. 140kph. My mate was up my backside at the time on his bike and all he saw was an explosion of feathers and a mangled corpse hit the road.

Contact was made around the front left indicator, horn area. Damage was a bent indicator, slight headlight chip, chip out of the chrome headlight surround and a not-insignificant scratch in the left hand side of the tank. Plus a sore left hand.

I feel sorry for the bird (not that it knew what hit it) but even sorrier for my bike! I have had so many close calls with birds over the years but never hit one before. Bummer.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Hey Pang, wow, that's crazy. We don't have enough to look out for on the Thai roads? Now its attack birds! :p
Good thing it didn't hit the clutch cover- that would have been a real mess.
Be careful out there :eek:, Gus

·
Registered
555 Posts
ya, I hit one of those big Aussie birds a few years ago on my VFR. Bird flew right into my front wheel and got sliced in half by the brake disk....how do I know that....I looked in my mirrors and saw two pieces of bird tumble down the road. When I pulled up there was blood all over the front brake. Damn lucky he didn't fly into my head...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey Pang, wow, that's crazy. We don't have enough to look out for on the Thai roads? Now its attack birds! :p
Good thing it didn't hit the clutch cover- that would have been a real mess.
Be careful out there :eek:, Gus
Thank you guys for sharing this scary yet amazed experience.

On Thai roads, we always expect the co-roadusers come from every direction you can imagine. Now, we have to beware one more thing.:think:

·
Retired Pipe Polisher C2H6O+
19,081 Posts
On my Saturday trip with friends. I saw a brawn flying thing flew across from right to left. I was at the 120 kph/ 65 mph. I feel something hit my right foot and 30 mins later, i found this
Good thing you don't live in California. You'd probably go to jail !! :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
silencers

Hello Pang,

what are those silencers ?
The silencers are Conti but I cut them about 8 inches cos i really think that
the original length is too long.:rolleyes:

These silencers were om my friend's M900 and when I decided to put them on the PS, one of them have to upside down.:eek:

If you are interesting, i will start another thread about it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts